Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Skellerup Hikers

Banned
    I have worn them a lot. They are great on the farm or hunting early in the morning when the grass is wet dew or in the rain. They are not the boot for the heat of summer. Good easy country bush and ferny / scrubby faces hunting boot but they need a modification. The four lace hooks will catch your trouser cuffs and the laces on the opposite foot so they must have D rings put into the hook and the hook squeezed closed. I hunt with them on the easy and use Lowa Tibets on steeper harder going. They are quiet and keep feet dry. The soft rubber soles give good grip but the boot itself lacks support in tough going. They are good to run in when after pigs
    Shearer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Moa Hunter View Post
    They are good to run in when after pigs
    seen guys in the pureoras chasing pigs wearing football boots.....reckoned they were the shit

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by scotty View Post
    seen guys in the pureoras chasing pigs wearing football boots.....reckoned they were the shit
    Today was the first day that I have worn my new 'Talan' boots courtesy of Sarvo. Straight off they are a better boot than the hikers by far and for the same money.
    Slightly more noisy to hunt in but very dry because of the 'Gortex' and very good support and shape. Order some and forget the Hikers @tanqueray

Quote Originally Posted by Moa Hunter View Post
    Today was the first day that I have worn my new 'Talan' boots courtesy of Sarvo. Straight off they are a better boot than the hikers by far and for the same money.
    Slightly more noisy to hunt in but very dry because of the 'Gortex' and very good support and shape. Order some and forget the Hikers @tanqueray
    Agree with all of this as I've also worn Skellerup Hikers for many years, and now the Talans, summer weight. The Hikers suited my feet other than the shape at the back - the excessive amount they cut in above the heel bone - gave me blisters if I hadn't worn the boots for a while. The Talans don't have this failing and have been all-around comfortable from the first trip out. Better grip too. They are noisier though, due I think to the wider footprint, and they have less feel than the Hikers so you need to watch where you step a little more.

I would be interested please in hearing from anyone who could make a comparison between the summer and mid-season Talans, having tried both ?
    Moa Hunter likes this.