Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Sleeping Bag Q's

Yeah i'll probably do something similar at some point. Or even go for the fabled ultralight pack of under 10lbs excluding consummables. It's all a bit anal but i must say damn it'd feel awesome to get about with 5kg's on your back plus a rifle and a couple kg's for food. Would feel like you're floating. Although I guess for hunting it's not quite as important as hiking if you setup camp in a nice area with access to a few different spots to hunt for a couple of days. Then you're only really lugging the "heavy" pack until you set up camp. The biggest issue to getting that light for hunting would be the pack. Most of us carry pretty heavy duty things to carry the meat out. My pack alone is between 3-4kg I think, but I wouldn't trust one of those lightweight ones with gear + another 10-20kg of meat. Those hikers sure have it easy with their few hundred gram packs and loads like a school backpack.

I don't get out enough to justify a second set at the moment though. Too busy with work and now the baby's arrived...so unlikely to ever change from what people tell me, haha.