Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Sleeping bags. What do you use?

Quote Originally Posted by BRADS View Post
    Domex mountaineer 700 on top of a thremarest neo air, all good
    Yep i have the same bag, mine might be the 900??

I don't use a sleeping mat for 90% of the time, if i do its just a wharehouse blue foam roll thing that is getting shorter and shorter cause i keep cutting of bits to use for other things.

The i just use a small bivvy type tent (can get two people in it just) that weighs 1.3kg.

Ejected
    Quote Originally Posted by PerazziSC3 View Post
    Yep i have the same bag, mine might be the 900??

I don't use a sleeping mat for 90% of the time, if i do its just a wharehouse blue foam roll thing that is getting shorter and shorter cause i keep cutting of bits to use for other things.

The i just use a small bivvy type tent (can get two people in it just) that weighs 1.3kg.
    Big spoon or little spoon? I go little, so much warmer.

Quote Originally Posted by Nibblet View Post
    Big spoon or little spoon? I go little, so much warmer.
    If you get excited and talk slightly strange, .... is it a spoonerism?
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

I have a shitty 2 season down bag from outerlimits. Use a cotton liner in spring and autumn in it. Summer, just a silk liner. Everytime a deal comes up on a decent bag the anklebiters, truck, house, some other expense needs money and I have to pass. Next year's purchase will be a proper bag.

I sleep in a one man tent. Twin needle made me a heavy duty clip on floor for it, and I have a siltarp for extra cover if needed. The tent without the extra floor is 1.4kg, single pole. The siltarp adds 600g, the floor another 600g.
    Boulderman likes this.

My camp consists of a Domex 550 sleeping bag, katmandu self inflating mat and a Black Wolf one man cocoon tent.Usually take an old tent fly for extra cover if needed.Whole lot weighs 3-4kg and cosy as.
    Boulderman likes this.
    Using Tapatalk

I got one of these from Macpac today, the outer isnt waterpoor but for the price its damn good, I'll get some nixwax and coat it with that itll be as good as the more expensive models, got a macpac 38mm mat to go with it.
    Was $360 for the bag, will have to look at a bivvy bag too

Theres some good looking bivvys on Tm

I'll look at the surplus ones too.

These ones u can fit ya pack in as well.

ultra-light waterproof bivy bag - sunset orange | Trade Me

*QUALITY* Vaude 'Active' Bivy Bag RRP $159! | Trade Me

anyone know if these are any good?

I am looking at doing a drive in when the snow backs off a bit...it will be deep cycle battery, inverter, electric blanket, foam mattress.
    savageshooter and Nibblet like this.
    Which is worse, ignorance or apathy...I don't know and don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by savageshooter View Post
    anyone know if these are any good?
    I've heard that the vaude ones aren't very breathable, so if its cold you get enough condensation on the inside that you may as well just be outside...
    savageshooter likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by GravelBen View Post
    I've heard that the vaude ones aren't very breathable, so if its cold you get enough condensation on the inside that you may as well just be outside...
    Do have to watch that one of my mates brought a new bivvy bag can't remember what brand though for this roar and condensated real bad ended up having A week of waking up to a wet sleeping bag not ideal has to be somewhat breathable

Fairydown Scorpion Dryloft, 700 fill down I think, had it for twelve years, still (too) warm. Dryloft is a great fabric. Haven't used it in a bivy yet, but sure it'll do year round if need be. In a tent I usually have the bag open, it's a toaster. Use with an old Macpac nylon liner. And my Swazi jacket and fleece clothing for a mat, never put any thought into buying a decent sleeping mat.

Quote Originally Posted by scottrods View Post
    I have a shitty 2 season down bag from outerlimits. Use a cotton liner in spring and autumn in it. Summer, just a silk liner. Everytime a deal comes up on a decent bag the anklebiters, truck, house, some other expense needs money and I have to pass. Next year's purchase will be a proper bag.

I sleep in a one man tent. Twin needle made me a heavy duty clip on floor for it, and I have a siltarp for extra cover if needed. The tent without the extra floor is 1.4kg, single pole. The siltarp adds 600g, the floor another 600g.
    I hear Twin Needle is doing some good stuff, looks solid. Those siltarp things are magic, just slippery to roll up and cram into their little sac!!

A few scorpion owners on here. They obviously go the distance.
    Unfortunately I couldn't afford a dryloft version when I bought mine.

British army sleeping bag. Synthetic and it is rather bulky as its a large size but it is very warm. I have a very old 3/4 size light weight thermarest which is not that good as i end up sliding of it. Don't know what brand of bivi bag i have but it is bloody good. And a large fly because its better to have a bit more space to sit under it when its pissing down.

Domex Pioneer for winter /cold nth island that is!! love it packs down pretty small
    DONT BE A FOOL INDENTIFY YOUR TARGET BEFORE YOU PULL