Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Summer weight, breathable, cool, hunting clothes recommendations?

I got the stoney creek fast hunt pants for that exact reason. Legs getting torn up walking overgrown tracks.

They are really light and comfy just don’t expect them to last. If you treat them as expendable then they might be a good option.

I’m back to using stubbies now unless I need the sun protection for summer trips on the tops.
    Fatberg likes this.

I just wear black cotton rugby shorts.
    7mmsaum and bumblefoot like this.

https://www.furtherfaster.co.nz/coll...ts-regular-leg

I have had a great run with a few different Montane pants
    erniec and RV1 like this.

I reckon that for most hunting (maybe not multiple nights in tahr country etc) just look at what the local backcountry cockies are wearing. They're in those conditions every day. I mostly hunt lowland bush so am pretty much garbed in typical farming clothes

Kuiu Tiburon is good. The long sleeve shirt and pants with a boonie hat are my go-to gear for summer

https://www.kuiu.com/collections/hot
    Nesika and hotsoup like this.

I’m a bit late this the party here but thought it worth throwing in my 2c.

I have been using the stoney creek fast hunt pants for the last two years and am really impressed. I am hard on my gear and these have held up really well to snags, bush lawyer etc. in the kaimais, pureoras and kaimanawas. They are a light rip stop fabric with vents in each leg, they breathe well. They are not water resistant but do dry quick. I’ll be replacing them with the same if I ever manage to wear them out.

https://www.stoneycreek.co.nz/fast-hunt-trousers

Anything that needs a belt is a problem for me as the buckle sits right under the hipbelt of my packs, I much prefer something with a drawstring but so much harder to find. Pants don't stay up without help for people my size.

Any updates on this thread,looking for long sleeve ,not too hot,prefer a hood as well, lightweight top for bush hunting in summer.

Quote Originally Posted by The bomb View Post
    Any updates on this thread,looking for long sleeve ,not too hot,prefer a hood as well, lightweight top for bush hunting in summer.
    As a certified pasty, white, ginger who has a minor disagreement with the sun about its intensity and, lets be honest, existence.
    I wear this top on days out in the open: https://www.hunterselement.co.nz/col...vantage-hoodie

Wait for a sale though you should be able to get it around 40% off.
    It's warmer than just a standard light long sleeve but the extra sun protection is worth it.
    Kimber 7mm-08 and RV1 like this.

Underarmour heat gear tshirts and shorts

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
    Konus binoculars " The power to imagine"

Jus
    Kuiu has a line up of warm weather gear, plus all their pants have side zippers to let the heat out

I can't believe people wear pants in summer. Are you guys vampires? I don't even wear them in winter! Hell, I even got married in shorts lol
    199p, BRADS, Padawan and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by TimC View Post
    I can't believe people wear pants in summer. Are you guys vampires? I don't even wear them in winter! Hell, I even got married in shorts lol
    I like having skin on my legs,…wearing shorts where I hunt would negate that..
    Bagheera and TimC like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jus View Post
    Kuiu has a line up of warm weather gear, plus all their pants have side zippers to let the heat out
    Have some kuiu pants I got from thie forum but like to try on for size hencedont like buying online from overseas otherwise I would probably grab a kuiu one.