Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree289Likes

Thread: Swazi - Davey’s semiautomatic stance .

Quote Originally Posted by DavidGunn View Post
    You may well be an exception to the rule but I have met enough of the fuckwits he mentions to agree with him...and a double tap is a waste of ammo, placement of the first is most important
    Exactly why the E cat was king. I support restricting all semiauto's to E cat.
    And @Ben Waimata is not the exception to the rule, most shooters I meet are good, safe bastards.
    Use enough gun

Quote Originally Posted by 40mm View Post
    How about semiauto shotguns?
    Tube fed, easy to top up and keep killing.
    A semiauto shotgun in Tarrants hands would have done the same if not worse. Actually, loaded with buckshot he would have killed way more.

how about a bucket of sawn off shotguns? ten guns is 20 shots, buckshot again. How about two buckets? thats 40 dead.

Maybe we should ban double barrel shotguns too.
    Stop giving the parliamentary bozos ideas...
    40mm and csmiffy like this.

There was a shit storm on one of the FB pages regarding this, Davey himself commented on the thread and more or less doubled down on his stance. I can respect a man for not flip flopping. But as a result he will never see a dollar from me.

He is entitled to his opinion.
    I buy Swazi because it lasts.
    I also every year have family buy me H&F vouchers for birthdays and Xmas.
    I spend them and I guess most like me do.
    How many of you were upset when defense force stopped buying from a NZ manufacturer?.
    JoshC, 10-Ring and Micky Duck like this.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    as a result he will never see a dollar from me.
    Nor I
    40mm likes this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

MB
    Quote Originally Posted by 40mm View Post
    How about semiauto shotguns?
    Tube fed, easy to top up and keep killing.
    A semiauto shotgun in Tarrants hands would have done the same if not worse. Actually, loaded with buckshot he would have killed way more.
    An illogical decision from the government, no doubt to keep F&G/duck hunters on side.
    Russian 22. and 40mm like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    Nor I
    Yup. Same. He's entitled to his oppinion, and as such not entitled to any more of my $$
    40mm likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidGunn View Post
    a double tap is a waste of ammo, placement of the first is most important
    Mate you might be able to reliably kill a hare with 22LR every shot but I've found the round is marginal, great with good placement but only an inch out and it's non-fatal. You appear to be making a judgement call on me for wasting an extra 20cents on a second round, even after I've told you I have seen hares do $2000 per night in damages to newly planted trees (not taking into account the fact I grew the trees myself in my farm nursery, and planted them myself. Personally I consider the insurance aspect of an extra 20cents well worth the cost in comparison to potentially missing, or hitting but not killing.

So I think you've summed up the problem, fast shot vs pretty shot. Some of us use these rifles as tools, I don't care if I empty 10 (or 15 as it was) rounds of 22lr at a hare, because the cost/benefit of doing so is massively in my favour. As an example, last year I was out for a shoot with a father/son combo, we had three hares sitting in the paddock and a 22 each, we assigned targets and took the shots, they both missed but only fired once, I shot 2 of them with 5 rounds. I don't care how many I fired, I shot the problem feral animals, job done. Most often you only get seconds to take the shot before the target is gone, no time for pretty shooting.

You seem to think you are free to judge someone like myself who uses the rifle in a different way, and good on you. In my experience my technique will achieve the end better than the guys who take pride in lining up the perfect shot, because I've noticed those guys are usually far less successful pest controllers. They may well be much better at knocking small holes at a piece of paper at long range, but that's not what I am trying to do... and I don't judge them for their preferences.
    veitnamcam, 10-Ring, res and 7 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    An illogical decision from the government, no doubt to keep F&G/duck hunters on side.
    Chris Cahill admitted to this. Semi and pump shotguns were spared because they were worried they might not get the whole thing over the line if they pissed off too many people. All it would take is another shooting with either and they're gone.
    Ryan and Russian 22. like this.

i once put 4 rounds into the chest cavity of a hare and the damn thing went 50m before it dropped. they are tough buggers! (also the reason i gave up on powerpoint)
    now with hares its double tap every time. as much as i want them dead i also want it humanely dead not a lingering death.
    40mm, Ben Waimata and Swed like this.

I would rather fuck-start a porcupine than give that self righteous prick another cent
    Identify your target beyond all doubt

Quote Originally Posted by Finnwolf View Post
    Stop giving the parliamentary bozos ideas...
    they already have the idea, just need an excuse to push it through
    Use enough gun

Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    There was a shit storm on one of the FB pages regarding this, Davey himself commented on the thread and more or less doubled down on his stance. I can respect a man for not flip flopping. But as a result he will never see a dollar from me.
    you got a link to that thread?
    Use enough gun

Canterbury, home of the big Rakaia Red Stag
    I have some of the Swazi gear, will wear it until it shits itself and then in the bin. So far I've replaced with another more hunter supportive brand, which made the first hunting gear I bought in the 90's. SC have been around for a longtime.

Quote Originally Posted by erniec View Post
    He is entitled to his opinion.
    I buy Swazi because it lasts.
    I also every year have family buy me H&F vouchers for birthdays and Xmas.
    I spend them and I guess most like me do.
    How many of you were upset when defense force stopped buying from a NZ manufacturer?.
    The difference is the defence force has the freedom to buy its gear from NZ again if it wants to.
    We will most likely never get to shoot the great guns again.
    Such a fine past time has been decimated.
    blake, norsk, Russian 22. and 1 others like this.
    Use enough gun