Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Trail running shoes?

Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    If you weren't poaching Nick you could just use boots and avoid any running at all!!
    But that would remove the thrill of the chase.
    The Biggest Room is the Room for Improvement

Had Salomons but have given me blisters since day one. My next pair will be Salewa Mtn Trainers - they get great write ups and are built strong. Not as light though.

Quote Originally Posted by Feebz View Post
    Had Salomons but have given me blisters since day one. My next pair will be Salewa Mtn Trainers - they get great write ups and are built strong. Not as light though.
    Yes they are, but certainly not a wide fit either, which suits me fine but maybe not everyone. As light as I’d want to go full stop.

I don't do much running, but do a lot of walking for exercise and a bit of jogging within those walks. In late 2014 I replaced my North Face Hedgehogs with a newer pair, and they're still looking new. Mind you I'Ve not really made much of an effort in the last 6-8mths.

The salomons come in a wide fit model as well..look on trade me there is a British site that’s well priced.i use their high boots for winter and longer walks,their low ones I use for summer hunting and when not carrying a pack.light and strong and dry quickly.
    Barefoot likes this.

Plus 1 for innovate - I have trail shoes that got relegated to cutting the lawns in (great for grip as things are quite steep in places) Mine last 6-7 years before being consigned to the trash 6 months ago. Mine were low cut tho... not like ryans mids. I have Salomon GTX? (wide fits) 6 years old for that and Grisport Aoraki's for full height depending on what I'm gonna be doing.

All of those options have worked really well.

I use my Salomon x-ultras for short excursions in the bush, they are pretty hard wearing, decent grip and quiet to stalk in. They are definitely made for narrow feet though.

I used ASICS gel aratas for the coast to coast, tad heavy when running in the river but strong enough to last and good tread.

Cheers I’ll have to check out the Merrill’s and the ultras. Yes that true Gibbo😉

I have numerous pairs of Inov8's for different exercise, not sure they are up to the rigors of hunting, but fantastic trail shoes, that said I haven't tried the boots...

Love my Lowa Z-8S GTX for hunting

Quote Originally Posted by nickbop View Post
    Thanks for the reply’s, I find loads fine with shoes, carrying full packs doesn’t seem to matter, best pet is we have a lot of river crossings and they dry so fast.
    Does anyone that use the Solomon’s have wide feet?
    I have wide feet and the Solomons are fine. The only thing that I would like on them is a grippier sole with longer knobbies on it.