Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 5 Post By zeropak
  • 1 Post By ROKTOY

Thread: Vacuum sealer

Vacuum sealer

Just wondering if anyone could recommend a decent grunty vacuum sealer. I’m looking to upgrade from the cheap model I got through flybuys. Cheers

I don't if mine classes as grunty. Brought an Anova. Like the fact it has the handle to latch it closed apposed to the ones that require a good push to latch them. Seems to work well. Stores rolls inside it with a cutter. I use pre made bags now from Nisbits as they work out cheaper and easier than rolls.

I got one of these, had it about a year now and can’t fault it. Can’t beat the price.

https://www.dicksmith.co.nz/dn/buy/k...vacuum-sealer/

I can offer you one of these. $100 off and freight free. https://zeropak.co.nz/status-solid-3...vacuum-sealer/
    Both Decent and Grunty.
    Double seal bars, double pumps. Can be run continuously without overheat. Personally run 7 fallow deer through this with no issues.
    PM me if you interested.
    Low box, Shearer, 57jl and 2 others like this.
    ZeroPak Vacuum Sealers, Zero air Zero waste

Does anyone know where to get the little cups that are put on the bone ends of legs of lamb? I find that with rabbits and hares the legs puncture the bags, and these would stop that happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Ross Nolan View Post
    Does anyone know where to get the little cups that are put on the bone ends of legs of lamb? I find that with rabbits and hares the legs puncture the bags, and these would stop that happening.
    Fold the rabbit carcass in half and tuck the back legs into the chest cavity. The front legs should end laying down the side of the carcass and not be able to puncture the bag.
    With some rabbit carcasses you may also be able to tuck the end of the front leg inside the rear thigh as well.
    Failing that wrap a strip of baking paper or tinfoil around the leg ends.
    Breaking the ankle joint instead of cutting through it also produces a rounder bone end.
    Ross Nolan likes this.

I'm just using a Foodsaver VS4500 for the last maybe 5yrs, about $100ish on sale. First couple of years I was doing 2 dozen pheasant a week during season, plenty of ducks, geese, etc and rabbits. In the last year it's done probably 15+ fallow, a couple of goats and this week a red spiker. Never had an issue. Use the branded rolls and The Warehouse rolls.
    90% of the time I do double seals on each end too.