Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree19Likes
  • 2 Post By ElDax
  • 4 Post By ElDax
  • 7 Post By IRBaboon
  • 2 Post By ElDax
  • 4 Post By IRBaboon

Thread: Sig Kilo 2000 sick

Sig Kilo 2000 sick

Hi there one and all.
    I have a sick Sig. It's a display issue.
    To get it fixed or replaced means sending it bake to the place of purchase. America.
    I've replaced it but it seems a shame and wasteful to just chuck it.
    Is there anyone over here that looks at this stuff?
    Sig dealers won't touch it.
    Cheers Me Dears FC

Just send it back to states, you'll probably get a new one. May take a while.

Cheers for that.
    Just seen I was going to Bake it not back it!
    Daft old fool

Hi Fluffchucker did you ever sort your rangefinder? If not I could take a look at it for you, I quite like tinkering with electronics and have a reasonaable success rate.
    Cheers, Jim. PS I’m in New Plymouth so would have to be posted.

Quote Originally Posted by IRBaboon View Post
    Hi Fluffchucker did you ever sort your rangefinder? If not I could take a look at it for you, I quite like tinkering with electronics and have a reasonaable success rate.
    Cheers, Jim. PS I’m in New Plymouth so would have to be posted.
    Even if it's a legit offer, bit of a stretch for first post mate haha
    jackson21 and will.i.em like this.

Really? What should I post for my first post then ol mate?

Really? What should I post for my first post then ol mate?
    An introduction isn't a bad place to start. If you think I'm being unreasonable ask yourself the question, would you send an expensive piece of equipment to a stranger on the internet? MAYBE if they had a known history on the forum, but first post? you would have to be either stupid or naive, possibly both.

If it was a genuine offer then just take it for what it is, I'm telling you how it looks.

Forum has had issues with scammers here, if that's not you then no reason to take it to heart.
    Sideshow, PadLo, XR500 and 1 others like this.

ElDax no I wouldn’t send a piece of kit to any old person on the internet but a). It’s no use to anyone if it’s buggered and b). Without each others details of course there would have been further conversations to get to a point where something happened. I realise there are people just out to scam you (take a look at Facebook marketplace for example) but they don’t usually start out by offering to fix something for you. Anyway the offer was/is genuine, as I said I’m a born tinkerer who hates to throw things out just because there’s something wrong with them. Guess I’ll keep my nose out of others business from now on.

ElDax no I wouldn’t send a piece of kit to any old person on the internet but a). It’s no use to anyone if it’s buggered and b). Without each others details of course there would have been further conversations to get to a point where something happened. I realise there are people just out to scam you (take a look at Facebook marketplace for example) but they don’t usually start out by offering to fix something for you. Anyway the offer was/is genuine, as I said I’m a born tinkerer who hates to throw things out just because there’s something wrong with them. Guess I’ll keep my nose out of others business from now on.
    Not trying to take the piss but half the Indians from Kolkata claim they're from Microsoft offering to fix your computer. There are all sorts of people from the very kind to some serious pieces of shite.

When you are an honest, genuine, and overall good person, people around always doubt your true self. No one believes that a person can be this good in such a harsh world.

Anyway only you really know the truth here, everything I've said is in good faith. If you take that on board, that's up to you, people are unlikely to trust you unless they know you. If you don't want to be a stranger then introduce yourself.

Fair enough. Ok then I’m Jim from New Plymouth, brought up in Gizzy on the east coast and been hunting and fishing since I was knee high to a grass hopper. I’m an industrial instrument tech who runs his own business contracting to the Oil and Gas big boys as an instrument, electrical and control systems construction engineer. I’ve recently started shooting again after quite a long hiatus after starting a family and joined this community to reconnect with like minded souls. I’ve also started hand loading for the first time ever and am enjoying the challenge of figuring out what works and what doesn’t. I’m pretty easy going but don’t tolerate fools and idiots and feckin hate scammers and twatters who don’t know what they’re talking about. I like to help out anyone who needs a hand, be it chopping firewood, fixing electronics or welding up a car. I never help people twice who dick me around or take me for granted, I think I’m turning into a grumpy old man and hate that my 47 year old body doesn’t work like it used to. I’ve been through a back surgery, opiates addiction, rehabilitation and return to work in the last 18 months and hate watching our country slowly get sucked down the toilet. Think that sums me up, anything else you need to know just ask. PS I have know idea who Fluffchucker who started this thread is and if he/she ever reads this thread I apologise for the bloody weird directions it’s taken! Happy hunting all, hope to see you at the range or in the bush.
    7mmwsm, Mathias, ROKTOY and 4 others like this.

Welcome to the forum Jim, sounds like you'll fit right in. Sorry for giving you a bit of a hard time, seems like I may have had the wrong end of the stick.
    Andygr and Husky1600#2 like this.

All good, it’s a sad old world ain’t it when everyone has to look sideways at their neighbours but sadly that’s the reality we live in. Hope to meet some of you in person along the way. Jim