Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree16Likes
  • 13 Post By StrikerNZ

Thread: Warning - dodgy brand name knives on trademe

Warning - dodgy brand name knives on trademe

Just a PSA, I’ve noticed recently quite a few brand name knives being sold on trademe fresh out of the box at too-good-to-be true prices. I’ve noticed one seller in particular with regular new listings, but I’m sure there are a few. (There is another seller that appears to be selling a genuine collection, so apply the sniff test, particularly to pricing)

CRKT, Benchmade, Cold Steel etc..

For those unaware, you can freely buy branded copies of most popular models of these knives on aliexpress for $20-$30. (Search model number rather than brand) They match all the packaging and logos beautifully with the real deal.. but they’re not genuine. The steel is the part most likely to disappoint. If you know what you’re in for, then all good, but if you’re expecting the original for your money..

So if you’re looking to snag a quality knife off trademe that looks like it’s just come out of the packaging, yet he’s asking around half price or less.. be very cautious to avoid a let-down, and ask yourself “Is the price too good to be true?”

I would recommend asking for photos of their original proof of purchase from a legit store, at a minimum.

I bought a imitation Buck from Aliexpress cost me $11 landed and is surprisingly pretty good and holds a reasonably good edge too. I bought it as a gimmick with low expectations

Im looking at a motorbike jacket. Local guy has one I like for $269, so I look on trade me and the cheapest I can find it is $350........
    Intelligence has its limits, but it appears that Stupidity knows no bounds......

sneakywaza I got
    Quote Originally Posted by timattalon View Post
    Im looking at a motorbike jacket. Local guy has one I like for $269, so I look on trade me and the cheapest I can find it is $350........
    Got a relatively unused (they were my backup spare) set of A Stars GP race leathers I could flog you, 3.5 K retail though...... Jacket sounds cheap!

Quote Originally Posted by berg243 View Post
    tardme is full of rip offs . just looked at the eastwing tomahawk on there its more than twice the price of mitre10 and they not the cheapest shop to buy things at.

Not now @berg243 TradeMe $70 buy now https://tinyurl.com/yfaphz9e ...Mitre10 $119. https://tinyurl.com/hseeakyh

Are you comparing apples with apples or ??