Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Who uses this

Who uses this

Name:  20210828_201027.jpg
Views: 411
Size:  784.7 KB

I was using this washing liquid for my hunting clothes however the last few hunts I have just thrown my hunting clothes in the miele washing machine using the twin dos washing liquid.

I have found I have been having more success not using the hunting washing liquid, maybe I'm just becoming a better hunter and stalking into the wind or maybe the hunting washing liquid is a waste of time.

What are your thoughts?
    When hunting think safety first

Caretaker
    Coincidence
    Tahr and paremata like this.
    A big fast bullet beats a little fast bullet every time

The smell of snake oil is always outstanding.

The pong of the human body will always overpower the scent of whatever you are wearing, or have treated your clothes with.
    Micky Duck and Bent Barrel like this.

Quote Originally Posted by XR500 View Post
    The pong of the human body will always overpower the scent of whatever you are wearing, or have treated your clothes with.
    Thats what Im thinking. The miele detergent smells so good and you would think it would scare the deer but seems to make no difference.

In my opinion it's just as much about removing the UV brighteners found in many brands of washing powder (as stated on the label), ever seen what glows in a nightclub with UV lights?
    We use a natural-based wash machine liquid without UV brighteners which is much cheaper.

However I do use sports wash to clean goretex before re-proofing.
    7mm Rem Mag likes this.

I have used Sportwash for 20 years, for anything synthetic, all my polypropylene thermals, microfleece and polarfleece.
    Just because I don't want fabric softeners, perfume and UV brightener in my outdoor clothing.

The big bottles work out much cheaper per wash than the smaller bottles.
    7mm Rem Mag likes this.

MB
    I don't use any detergent when washing my hunting clothes. It's cheaper if nothing else!

Quote Originally Posted by XR500 View Post
    Not always true. I once went hunting during the roar with a guy who rubbed a stag ball bag from a previous kill over his boots and trousers to hide his scent and draw in stags.
    Whether it worked or not I can't say as I stayed upwind from him but it certainly attracted flies.
    rugerman and 7mm Rem Mag like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    I don't use any detergent when washing my hunting clothes. It's cheaper if nothing else!
    A guy from work says he never washes his hunting clothes and never will, he reckens he just throws his clothes on the clothesline when he gets home from a hunt and takes them back off the clothesline when ready to put them on for his next hunt.

I think more to do with tightness than anything else.
    I pity the poor buggers who go shooting with him and I bet the animals will smell him coming a mile away

Quote Originally Posted by Basenjiboy View Post
    In my opinion it's just as much about removing the UV brighteners found in many brands of washing powder (as stated on the label), ever seen what glows in a nightclub with UV lights?
    We use a natural-based wash machine liquid without UV brighteners which is much cheaper.

Yeah I have been told about the uv thing but just not sure if it was just to get you to buy the stuff.
    I just thought I would post my experience on the subject and it is good to hear back all the replies so thanks everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by mimms2 View Post
    Bloody doubt it! Between shampoo, perfume/cologne and laundry powder, *I* can smell most townies before I see em, for a prey animal with heightened sense of smell it'd have to be ten times more obvious.

I am of course assuming you bathe...
    Some don't bath but I think an animal would be able to smell BO the same as a good after shave so may as well smell good while hunting.

I tried that stuff for a while, but found it didn't get my clothes very clean (we do have hard water here tho). And it wasn't very cheap.
    So I went back to conventional powder, but use the Pam's sensitive as it doesn't have added uv'ers, brighteners, or smelly'ers. I do realize it will still have a level of those nastys tho, but without resorting to a block of oldskool sunlight and a washboard, it is wot it is. I no longer have to separate the washing or anything, just shove it all in.
    7mm Rem Mag likes this.
    Ya can't park there mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Basenjiboy View Post

Have to start hunting in something else than my nice whites.
    Name:  57741c2192d76fe8ba0dd84269de35c8.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  82.9 KB
    Pixie Z and 7mm Rem Mag like this.
    An itch ... is ... a desire to scratch

If you want something that cleans well but leaves no smells or UV brighteners, use sodium carbonate (washing soda).

This link shows how you can readily make it from sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) which is readily sourced.
    rugerman likes this.
    An itch ... is ... a desire to scratch