Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Best ammo for parries?

Best ammo for parries?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Wouldn't put money on that happening with a full or even 3/4 choke.Lost count of the number of times I've wads stuck in barrels at the gun club.Any shooter that does it twice ,its on ya bike clown .
    hw many with shot and hw many without?

Quote Originally Posted by 30calterry View Post
    hw many with shot and hw many without?
    All of them had shot in ,they where target shooting .
    Gun control means using both hands

Best ammo for parries?

all of them without?

Best ammo for parries?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    All of them had shot in ,they where target shooting .
    shit just read ur comment again sori, was gona say u must hav a small gun club and a big circus in ur town(lots of clowns) but i wont nw cause u agree with me , wad is more likely to jam with shot !
    Dundee and Maca49 like this.

I generally use english/european 3"no 2&3 32gm loads for all birds in the duck season. have same in 2 3/4"as well as a backup."Hull/Eley"brands
    I am just now adopting a more calculated aproach to touching the bang lever after developing a very healthy skybusting tendency .
    yes it helps to be able to estimate range and call the shot.however the opposite is also true.As gadgetman will testify,euthanasia of a wee mallard hen (running through chow mollier crop) with a 3"eley hi power load at 6'range aint pretty.the laconic final score-"2birds down 1 &1/2 to bring home".paradise generally tolerate goose loads ok in medium range.
    shootin cobber who packs a remington 20g drops them consistently with 3"loads.copper plated shot.

do not use tungsten iron in any tightly choked gun try the 2 3/4 inch gamebore 30 gram steel loads in 3 shot. mate was creaming everything with them last year.
    shootin cobber who packs a remington 20g drops them consistently with 3"loads.copper plated shot.
    actually i mostly use a 30 gram load of 5,s or 6,s for the first couple in the mag the 3 inchers are mainly there for flaring geese but they handle flaring parries just as well as long as they,re out a bit.

oops you'd think id have got it right shootin with him as much as i do! apologies squire.