Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: Landowner Gift

Cinema vouchers always good if any are nearby,same with restaurant,offer to babysit if kids in the equation.

Simply the fact that you have a 'thankyou' in mind is a good thing. Not everybody would think to do that.
    RIP Harry F. 29/04/20

If they are a ways from the Ocean , I reckon some fresh seafood is a winner , makes a nice change from beef and lamb , and some chocolates for Mrs Farmer

Thanks for all the good ideas, he is a tricky bloke to thank other than a verbal, that's for sure. We've come to the conclusion that we'll do some work for him, I'm an engineer by trade and my shooting buddy is a builder so we've offered a few days free labour and cost price materials for anything he needs. Plus a side of cricket coaching for his young fella from an ex regional representive. Good outcome!
    ishoot10s, mikee, Pengy and 13 others like this.

I dunno im a farmer and think id be pretty happy if someone gave me a nice coat.haha What about a dinner voucher to a local restaurant? Most blokes enjoy a good steak and would want to think it would definitely help him keep his missus happy.lol
    Micky Duck likes this.

Whenever we went to a certain spot in CNI, we would take a sack of fresh mussels.
    Pretty sure the guys at the Marae smelt us coming as they were usually waiting for us, and the mussels were all but gone before we were out of the car
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

@McNotty give a hand docking some farmers have a crew but others are always looking for helpers or give him a hand doing firewood.
    Good on you and your mate for doing this, some out there just take things for granted
    McNotty likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by McNotty View Post
    Thanks for all the good ideas, he is a tricky bloke to thank other than a verbal, that's for sure. We've come to the conclusion that we'll do some work for him, I'm an engineer by trade and my shooting buddy is a builder so we've offered a few days free labour and cost price materials for anything he needs. Plus a side of cricket coaching for his young fella from an ex regional representive. Good outcome!
    Finding a really good appropriate thankyou can be a tricky thing, but well worth the effort.
    canross likes this.
    RIP Harry F. 29/04/20

Bus driver
    How about just enjoying his generosity.... some people don’t want anything other than a thankyou .... and his ability to share what he has... he obviously enjoys your company ... and just maybe... that’s all he wants.... I get that
    7mmwsm, Pengy and Beaker like this.
    It's not the mountain we conquer,but ourselves.....Sir Edmund Hillary

engineer by trade.......does he own a log splitter???? not hard for a clever chap to knock one up.....

Quote Originally Posted by widerange View Post
    Fish
    Crayfish alive with salt water to cook them in and groper and snapper fillets not washed in water. Watch the eyeballs drop out.We had the same issue and that is exactly what we did.
    Micky Duck likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by A330driver View Post
    How about just enjoying his generosity.... some people don’t want anything other than a thankyou .... and his ability to share what he has... he obviously enjoys your company ... and just maybe... that’s all he wants.... I get that
    He’s not a hunter so we spend bugger all time with him other than the odd cuppa. He’s a busy man.
    A330driver likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    engineer by trade.......does he own a log splitter???? not hard for a clever chap to knock one up.....

He’s sweet for wood, already another side deal going with my Dad’s firewood business.
    Shit I don’t mind being generous but woodsplitter parts alone go for 8-10k for decent quality stuff.

Gone but not forgotten
    We live in a strawberry growing area, so we took a couple of large punnets of strawberries when we went hunting on a farm in the central North Island. They went down a treat with the whole family, though I think the farmer's kids ate most of them!

Used to fish at Whanganui Bay (Taupo) years ago when only one couple were living there permanently.
    We would always drop off fresh bread,milk and a paper.
    But the best thing we did was spend a bit of time with them.
    They loved to have a yarn and a catch up.