Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: Landowner Gift

Something usefull for the kitchen,gear always breaks down there.His wife will always remember those hunters.Something for his work shop.
    A330driver likes this.

we give some of our farmers a dinner booking in town for him and his wife and kids....pretty cheap way of saying thanks
    Micky Duck and A330driver like this.

Bus driver
    I dare say many here on this forum do things for mates/people etc and never want anything in return ,other than the fact they just like to do or help others ...personal satisfaction or just the fact you can help out somebody else.....it works for me
    erniec, 40mm and Padox like this.
    It's not the mountain we conquer,but ourselves.....Sir Edmund Hillary

Quote Originally Posted by A330driver View Post
    I dare say many here on this forum do things for mates/people etc and never want anything in return ,other than the fact they just like to do or help others ...personal satisfaction or just the fact you can help out somebody else.....it works for me
    true enough a330 but i know when i worked in the wops on stations we alway appreciated extra fresh fruit and seasonel vege
    trust me theres only so much meat you can eat before you cant eat anymore without some greenery

Piopio, Christchurch, Pilbara/GreatSandy Desert WA
    Good nature Rat/Stoat/possum trap. Can use it around the house, dog kennels, pond etc.
    bumblefoot and 40mm like this.

Quote Originally Posted by paddygonebush View Post
    Good nature Rat/Stoat/possum trap. Can use it around the house, dog kennels, pond etc.
    thats a bloody good gift.
    bumblefoot likes this.
    Use enough gun

It's is hard to find the perfect gift, worse than getting it right for the wife.....

I have a couple of go to's depending on what I've got on hand, blue cod & paua, Bluff oysters during season. A mate of mine gives his contacts a custom knife with the farmers name engraved on it. Fair to say they are all well received.

what comes free to you?
    I fish and grow avocados
    so those are the two things I gift

If farmers are anything like me giving them a voucher for something they have to do is just another job they don't have enough time for

If you make his missus happy she will make him happy, so open the ideas up to things she likes than he can sort of enjoy too.
    a cake is always nice as a gesture especially if you find out their fav and just rock up with one every now and then to have with a cuppa tea

maybe you just have to give him a son in law?
    Micky Duck likes this.

As someone who works in Ag and has a little experience in this area.
    Traditionally a nice leg of ham is appreciated by NZ farmers. Comeing up to Christmas too.
    The guys who are considering the wife are on the money. he may not drink but she may love a few bottles of Verve as we approach Christmas. So there you goa a bit of a him and hers deal.

Slightly different situation but I've found a really nice French bakery in our area and gotten a selection of pastries and good bread - pretty rare that someone A) doesn't like some sort of pastry or good bread, and B) is used to and tired of French baking. Plus gives me an good reason to go there and try whatever new pastry they've made that day