Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: mallard releases

Quote Originally Posted by EeeBees View Post
    Imagine the free for all if and when the permitting goes tother way...we could all have a couple of mallies in the bath..
    the way

im not so sure EeeBees
    the way it appears now f&g are looking like a third wheel in a process for a species they,re supposed to be in charge of??
    im still waiting on doc replies to find out who,s the main man/woman in charge of this permitting and to what extent its happening.
    but clearly from the emails and meeting minutes f&g arent in the loop as they should be.

methinks thier plans maybe to delist mallards or have open more seaons to get them.
    .perfect really yanks love them theres plenty of extended parrie seasons and mallards aint native
    something must be a foot i hear mallards are bieng brought hard out and stocked.
    it is still illegal to sell them??
    or are you allowed nudge nudge wink wink to recover costs,
    i hear a certain large station is getting very birdy thanks to its guides.

Um, how about the beautiful Mallard have an shortened season and the Teal, you know the Teal, the flying horde, put back on the schedule ... I believe that their increases in population could very well be detrimental to the stability of the Mallard populations, albeit in certain areas ... please remind me why the Teal was ever taken off the schedule anyway ...

Addend, well the Mallard has been here for 150 years (an undertaking with great dignity, in my opinion); the Teal self-introduced to New Zealand which does not make him native either ...
    nightshooter likes this.
    ...amitie, respect mutuel et amour...

...le beau et le bon, cela rime avec Breton!...

Um, how about the beautiful Mallard have an shortened season and the Teal, you know the Teal, the flying horde, put back on the schedule ... I believe that their increases in population could very well be detrimental to the stability of the Mallard populations, albeit in certain areas ... please remind me why the Teal was ever taken off the schedule anyway ...

Addend, well the Mallard has been here for 150 years (an undertaking with great dignity, in my opinion); the Teal self-introduced to New Zealand which does not make him native either ...
    im guessin EeBees cos they were nearly shot to extinction.
    if the numbers can stand a season why not??
    seems some idiots cant tell the diference in even great light not pointing the finger stand 1
    are they eatable??

"Stompers" gets the blood pumping at 6.15am when they drop into your spread of decoys flight mannerism quite definitive from mallards plenty of teal where I shoot and last season shovellers were in abundance
    EeeBees likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by gsp follower View Post
    seems some idiots cant tell the diference in even great light not pointing the finger stand 1
    are they eatable??
    They are delicious, @gsp follower ... friends in Australia took me duck shooting ... Teal, and others on the lake ... I will always think that they much nicer eating than the Mallard...
    ...amitie, respect mutuel et amour...

...le beau et le bon, cela rime avec Breton!...

They are delicious, @gsp follower ... friends in Australia took me duck shooting ... Teal, and others on the lake ... I will always think that they much nicer eating than the Mallard...
    ok bet they,re buggers to gralloch
    bieng so small and given the number of times i.ve pricked me fingers on spoonies broken ribs
    Last edited by gsp follower; 20-07-2017 at 09:02 PM.
    EeeBees likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by gsp follower View Post
    are they eatable??
    My old man used to shoot to shoot for Teal when he was a young lad and he considered the Teal to be the dumbest bird that ever flew. You shoot one out of a mob and the others just keep coming back.

And thats why you arent allowed to shoot them any more

scaup would have to be a close 2nd in the easy stakes you could hunt them with a tennis racket.