Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Knives Africa Black Watch


User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 39 of 39
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: mallard releases

  1. #31
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,900
    Quote Originally Posted by EeeBees View Post
    Imagine the free for all if and when the permitting goes tother way...we could all have a couple of mallies in the bath..
    the way

    im not so sure EeeBees
    the way it appears now f&g are looking like a third wheel in a process for a species they,re supposed to be in charge of??
    im still waiting on doc replies to find out who,s the main man/woman in charge of this permitting and to what extent its happening.
    but clearly from the emails and meeting minutes f&g arent in the loop as they should be.

  2. #32
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,900
    methinks thier plans maybe to delist mallards or have open more seaons to get them.
    .perfect really yanks love them theres plenty of extended parrie seasons and mallards aint native
    something must be a foot i hear mallards are bieng brought hard out and stocked.
    it is still illegal to sell them??
    or are you allowed nudge nudge wink wink to recover costs,
    i hear a certain large station is getting very birdy thanks to its guides.

  3. #33
    Member EeeBees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    past the gum trees on your left
    Posts
    4,944
    Um, how about the beautiful Mallard have an shortened season and the Teal, you know the Teal, the flying horde, put back on the schedule ... I believe that their increases in population could very well be detrimental to the stability of the Mallard populations, albeit in certain areas ... please remind me why the Teal was ever taken off the schedule anyway ...

    Addend, well the Mallard has been here for 150 years (an undertaking with great dignity, in my opinion); the Teal self-introduced to New Zealand which does not make him native either ...
    nightshooter likes this.
    ...amitie, respect mutuel et amour...

    ...le beau et le bon, cela rime avec Breton!...

  4. #34
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,900
    Quote Originally Posted by EeeBees View Post
    Um, how about the beautiful Mallard have an shortened season and the Teal, you know the Teal, the flying horde, put back on the schedule ... I believe that their increases in population could very well be detrimental to the stability of the Mallard populations, albeit in certain areas ... please remind me why the Teal was ever taken off the schedule anyway ...

    Addend, well the Mallard has been here for 150 years (an undertaking with great dignity, in my opinion); the Teal self-introduced to New Zealand which does not make him native either ...
    im guessin EeBees cos they were nearly shot to extinction.
    if the numbers can stand a season why not??
    seems some idiots cant tell the diference in even great light not pointing the finger stand 1
    are they eatable??

  5. #35
    Member Bonecrusher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Tauranga
    Posts
    946
    "Stompers" gets the blood pumping at 6.15am when they drop into your spread of decoys flight mannerism quite definitive from mallards plenty of teal where I shoot and last season shovellers were in abundance
    EeeBees likes this.

  6. #36
    Member EeeBees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    past the gum trees on your left
    Posts
    4,944
    Quote Originally Posted by gsp follower View Post
    im guessin EeBees cos they were nearly shot to extinction.
    if the numbers can stand a season why not??
    seems some idiots cant tell the diference in even great light not pointing the finger stand 1
    are they eatable??
    They are delicious, @gsp follower ... friends in Australia took me duck shooting ... Teal, and others on the lake ... I will always think that they much nicer eating than the Mallard...
    ...amitie, respect mutuel et amour...

    ...le beau et le bon, cela rime avec Breton!...

  7. #37
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,900
    Quote Originally Posted by EeeBees View Post
    They are delicious, @gsp follower ... friends in Australia took me duck shooting ... Teal, and others on the lake ... I will always think that they much nicer eating than the Mallard...
    ok bet they,re buggers to gralloch
    bieng so small and given the number of times i.ve pricked me fingers on spoonies broken ribs
    Last edited by gsp follower; 20-07-2017 at 09:02 PM.
    EeeBees likes this.

  8. #38
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Waikato
    Posts
    517
    Quote Originally Posted by gsp follower View Post
    im guessin EeBees cos they were nearly shot to extinction.
    if the numbers can stand a season why not??
    seems some idiots cant tell the diference in even great light not pointing the finger stand 1
    are they eatable??
    My old man used to shoot to shoot for Teal when he was a young lad and he considered the Teal to be the dumbest bird that ever flew. You shoot one out of a mob and the others just keep coming back.

    And thats why you arent allowed to shoot them any more

  9. #39
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,900
    scaup would have to be a close 2nd in the easy stakes you could hunt them with a tennis racket.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Ridgeline mallard
    By northdude in forum Off topic
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 15-08-2015, 09:11 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 18-02-2015, 08:04 PM
  3. Decoys. mallard and paradise and mallard caller
    By Twoshotkill in forum Buy, Sell or Swap
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-03-2014, 08:06 PM
  4. Mallard and Quail
    By TimeRider in forum Game Cooking and Recipes
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 27-04-2013, 10:52 PM
  5. DOC releases details
    By faregame in forum Off topic
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-09-2012, 02:35 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Welcome to NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums! We see you're new here, or arn't logged in. Create an account, and Login for full access including our FREE BUY and SELL section Register NOW!!