Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: No Fish and Game Day Licences any longer?

Quote Originally Posted by hispeednodrag View Post
    I'm not that fired up about it to be honest - it's my wife's family tradition for all blokes to shoot opening weekend. I would be half babysitting my 5 year old anyway, so hardly good value at $100 for the day's shooting.

I'll still get ducks without shooting though as long as I'm happy to help with plucking and gutting, so I see no down-sides to not shooting haha (everyone else is sick of duck).

Thanks for your answers/opinions though.
    then danny downer try the ''im not that fired up about waterfowling'' section.
    cos we here are

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    yip thats the one.....its a bit weird in this PC world we live in......
    notice the wording ..spouse or partner...... and one son or daughter.....interesting its 3 people 2 parners and only one child..... cant be dad and 2 kids or mum n 2 kids.....that bit peeved me a bit...they updated the rules to include couples of any discription...but exclude solo parents.

Yea bit odd. I wonder if it has anything to do with being 3 people total. You can only supervise one kid shooting not 2 if by yourself. eastern season did a "take a mate hunting" licence last year for 4$ only for opening and couldn't have had a licence before with the intent of getting more people into the sport. Clever idea definitely has it's negatives but for growing the sport it's not a terrible idea.
    mikee likes this.

dad could be 60 and both children in their 40s......FAL is no barrier......
    I wonder how the OP gets on if stopped by ranger in possesion of ducks on way home Sunday evening???

yip thats the one.....its a bit weird in this PC world we live in......
    notice the wording ..spouse or partner...... and one son or daughter.....interesting its 3 people 2 parners and only one child..... cant be dad and 2 kids or mum n 2 kids.....that bit peeved me a bit...they updated the rules to include couples of any discription...but exclude solo parents.
    In today’s culture that that law is extremely anti lgbtqia+ because it excludes children that do not identity as son or daughter. What about kids that identify as non-binary demitrans saplings?!

so the wording will be changed AGAIN to be one child.......and then the LGBQ crowd will get all het up as breeding doesnt work so well for same gender couples..... so wording will have to change again.....to 2 adults in relationship and one person/thing that identifies as belonging to them....maybe...... oh you could could really have some fun withthis if you had enough coin and the will to piss off the rule writers.
    JessicaChen likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JessicaChen View Post
    In today’s culture that that law is extremely anti lgbtqia+ because it excludes children that do not identity as son or daughter. What about kids that identify as non-binary demitrans saplings?!
    ''yea gods'' and i speak as a father who has a son that is to lazy to.pick a gender or sexual identity.
    but managed to find the energy and belay his confusion long enough to to FATHER a child..
    the whole time claiming to be a trans woman in a lesbian married relationship.
    GIVE ME F...IN STRENGTH
    rugerman likes this.

I dont think i have ever seen my licence money at work either, im in helensville just north of Auckland. I am however willing to contribute to an organization dedicated to preserving the sport that i have enjoyed all my life and hope that my children may do the same, in a world that is becoming increasingly hostile towards anything that involves a firearm.
    Hundred bucks buys you f!@k all these days anyway.

dad could be 60 and both children in their 40s......FAL is no barrier......
    I wonder how the OP gets on if stopped by ranger in possesion of ducks on way home Sunday evening???
    Reply sorry Mr Ranger thats not a duck thats a chicken that now identifys as a moa
    It's all fun and games till Darthvader comes along
    I respect your beliefs but don't impose them on me.

Quote Originally Posted by muka88 View Post
    I dont think i have ever seen my licence money at work either, im in helensville just north of Auckland. I am however willing to contribute to an organization dedicated to preserving the sport that i have enjoyed all my life and hope that my children may do the same, in a world that is becoming increasingly hostile towards anything that involves a firearm.
    hundred buks buys you f all from f&g and has for the last 5or 6 years unfortunatly since they sold out to doc

They did'nt sell out to DoC; the wildlife act is subsidiary to the conservation Act and the then min of cons sage did the deed. Also took Canada geese from NZF&G as a managed game bird. NZF&G get zero funding from the multimillion DoC coffers and are soley funded by licence sales and mouse poor as a result. IMO they do a good job while under miserable constraints.
    Summer grass
    Of stalwart warriors splendid dreams
    the aftermath.

Matsuo Basho.

Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    Also took Canada geese from NZF&G as a managed game bird.
    The blame for that lies with Federated Farmers. They wanted them removed so farmers could do pest control. Now they are a major issue in a lot of NZ, more than rabbits or possums.

Sage went along with Feds and the sign off was by Minister of Cons having control of the Act. Very unfortunate.
    Summer grass
    the aftermath.

Matsuo Basho.

Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    Sage went along with Feds and the sign off was by Minister of Cons having control of the Act. Very unfortunate.
    bollocks kate wilkinson removed canada geese from the gamebird list.and carter gave feds 100.000 toward goose control
    so 250.000 licence buyers times a hundred buks plus is chicken feed.
    f&g suposedly manages wetlands for doc yet not one word about the removel of all willows around lake ellesmere.
    including poisoning them in a protected wetland wtf
    by what right did they sell boggy creek to doc ''wet land ownership is not our thing ''
    even just to have a place they control for novice hunters????
    who at the same time they were selling them down the river they were trying to recruit in a drive to encorage more to waterfowl hunt .
    why does doc need to own every bit of lake edge land the can get thier grasping paws on
    cos all they do is poison what they deem not native let it overgrow then plant some flax or other bollocks
    theyre also bieng questioned over the cost and validity of spendinfg bequest money on thier belfast edifice.
    as far as i know while its the minister F&g are responcible to
    the /wildlife/conervation act is seperate and largely f all to do with them
    she does have the power of vetoeing the gazzetted stuff tho.
    .feds said they,d f..k f&g and it looks like its workin.
    Last edited by gsp follower; 18-04-2022 at 07:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by muka88 View Post
    me to,
    you know one??

@gsp follower. Yes you are correct regarding Kate Wilkinson. She was deputy min of cons and dissappeared shortly after stuffing the geese management. However I stand by the rest of my post. NZF&G are subject to Cons Act, are miserably funded and have saved many wetlands and helped establish others. They have saved several fishing rivers, bred and released trout and salmon and are the best advocates for wildfowlers we have.
    stingray, omark and 20 Bore like this.
    Summer grass
    the aftermath.

Matsuo Basho.