Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: No Fish and Game Day Licences any longer?

Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    @gsp follower. Yes you are correct regarding Kate Wilkinson. She was deputy min of cons and dissappeared shortly after stuffing the geese management. However I stand by the rest of my post. NZF&G are subject to Cons Act, are miserably funded and have saved many wetlands and helped establish others. They have saved several fishing rivers, bred and released trout and salmon and are the best advocates for wildfowlers we have.
    agreed mostly but they are funded by the people they supposedly serve and if the funding is not riseing to thier satisfaction then a mirror awaits.
    WE DO NOT WANT GOVERNMENT FUNDING COS IT,L COME WITH STRINGS and we scertainly dont want the assiociation with the serial hypocrites at doc..
    how do a org so funded to conserve take such extreme measures to kill what doesnt suit their preservationist fantasies.
    we will not be returning to pre human aoteroa anytime soon and the moa will not be on the game licence eithe[

Kate Wilkinson
    Conservation
    The protection status of Canada geese as a game bird will be changed to allow farmers, park owners and aviation managers to cull these birds themselves, Minister of Conservation Kate Wilkinson announced today.

Canada geese will be removed from Schedule 1 of the Wildlife Act 1953 and listed on Schedule 5. This means that Fish and Game will no longer manage the geese as a hunting resource. A permit will not be required to shoot them.

“As the population of Canada geese continues to increase so does their risk to aviation safety and the damage they inflict to pasture and crops,” Ms Wilkinson says.

“The current status where the geese populations are managed as a game bird is not working.]
    Last edited by gsp follower; 18-04-2022 at 09:37 PM.

Shame moa won’t be on the game license….it was before unlimited as I recall…think it was Easter an the invention of the omelette that done em in though…..but on the bright side it’s going to save my fingers…..all that plucking eh
    It's all fun and games till Darthvader comes along
    I respect your beliefs but don't impose them on me.

Yea definitely no day licence for opening weekend