Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: shotgun 12ga

When I was shopping around it was hard to find a selection of under over to try in my price range, however I settled on the Webley Scott 912k good fit off the shelf.
    Nothing too fancy, and I’m sure it shoots straight, can’t say much about the shooter I probably scare off more ducks than dropping them, but it’s all about the fun.
    Grouchy Smurf had it right all along...

Be over rotorua on saturday so be able to have a look to what is over there in the shops, but after the reaction i got when i said to the over half i was buying a few decoys

Banned
    I'm seriously looking at those tripple barrels.

Caretaker - Gone But Not Forgotten jakewire's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Survy View Post
    When I was shopping around it was hard to find a selection of under over to try in my price range, however I settled on the Webley Scott 912k good fit off the shelf.
    Nothing too fancy, and I’m sure it shoots straight, can’t say much about the shooter I probably scare off more ducks than dropping them, but it’s all about the fun.
    See the thing is
    Why does it have to be New?
    I'm no expert in guns but I tell you, for the new price of what your looking at or just a smidgem more you can get into a quality shotgun.
    EeeBees and Micky Duck like this.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Quote Originally Posted by berg243 View Post
    its all personal fit you need to try as many as possible as you will find one that comes up and points more naturally than all the others.i would personally rather have a $500 shotgun that fitted and pointed than a flash $5000 one that I couldn't hit a barn door with. if it doesn't fit then you will not shoot as good and waste more money on ammunition than if you paid more and got a better fitting gun. had a beautiful 20ga side by side that didn't really fit and it booted worse than my 12ga shooting 3inch magnums sold it and bought a 20ga u/o bettinsoli much better fit and way less felt recoil.
    Yup what he said.
    Mind you the nicesest shotty I ever picked up was a 20g u/o in GC 20 odd years ago. It came like a dream and just felt right. It should've, it was a used browning and was over 4k. that was back in the mid 90's. I made a big sigh as I handed it back

ive got 4-all 2nd hand .2s/a-legal one set up specifically for geese(3" chamber)the other bentley pointer a clone of the famous browning a5 a great wee baikal o/u bought from C404 -now she is my go to gun.and a era gameking 12gsxs ,a copy of my 1st shotty bought off younger brother 40=yr ago then sold off when marriage went kaput.
    none are flash top of line jobbies ,but all carry a memory for me and I just enjoy using a variety of types depending on whats sought and how i feel at the time. love the sxs on pigeons!