Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Alpine

User Tag List

Like Tree5460Likes

Thread: Catch Any Trout Today?

Kiwijames can you please not remove the fish your letting go from the water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dundee, kiwijames, Gibo and 1 others like this.

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BRADS View Post
    Kiwijames can you please not remove the fish your letting go from the water.

Nah it'll be fine mate. Actually I think I made it healthier with a gravel bath cause the cheeky bugger not only swam off sweet as, it even started showing off by doing tricks like swimming upside down when I let it go!
    veitnamcam, Dundee, R93 and 5 others like this.
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds

Only a fishy tail today......
    Hooked onto my best ever jack rainbow from river today. After a short but decisive fight some great aerodynamics it came off, only to rub salt in wound and leap once more a couple of feet in the air, I swear I saw the dog and I sat on bank for a good 45 minutes consoling ourselves. Not sure who was more pissed me or the dog

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Dundee and mrs dundee like this.

Hooked one today and the bugger got off.Wouldn't of been a keeper as only 2lb maybe
    bomber likes this.
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

Quote Originally Posted by kiwijames View Post
    Hard arvo fish but finally succeeded with this 2.5kg hen.

Followed by an epic evening rise of mayflies. My dry fly fishing needs some work. Pricked a few tiddlers but nothing connected.
    Where is your f..k.. net? Don't you need one in your waters bro? We give our trout a good stamp if they are naughty and land on the bank before they are released.
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

Quote Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
    Where is your f..k.. net? Don't you need one in your waters bro? We give our trout a good stamp if they are naughty and land on the bank before they are released.
    Nah don't need one supposedly. Dragged this specimen up the bank, over to the ute (cause I really needed another beer) and back again. This made sure she got a good dose of health enriching air too. I then chose the "Dan Cater" drop kick release method. She loved the way it massaged her innards and the removal of that pesky protective mucous cover was a burden she was grateful to lose.
    BRADS likes this.
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds

Nah don't need one supposedly. Dragged this specimen up the bank, over to the ute (cause I really needed another beer) and back again. This made sure she got a good dose of health enriching air too. I then chose the "Dan Cater" drop kick release method. She loved the way it massaged her innards and the removal of that pesky protective mucous cover was a burden she was grateful to lose.
    You're doing it wrong normally just bang on head and take them home, must be a caveman thing....or one less left to eat the native wildlife at least.

mrs dundee likes this.

Afternoon stroll down river hooked 3 small trout. Then the dog spotted a good one3lb After dispatching these introduced pests with a single blow to the headHeaded up river and landed my 2nd ever trout from the tamakiNo room for nets under the willows. Then spotter dog caught her first ever (another) introduced pest Which I did really dispatch with a quick blow. Luckily I carry my beers and didn't have to drag them all to the ute Shit I walked here.....

veitnamcam, Dundee and mrs dundee like this.

Bomber it's good to see some proper fishing Techniques rather than the terrible display from @kiwijames .
    That boy has blood list you should see him duckshooting.

Quote Originally Posted by BRADS View Post
    Bomber it's good to see some proper fishing Techniques rather than the terrible display from @kiwijames .
    That boy has blood list you should see him duckshooting.

I did find this bus stop should I tell them I've never seen any ducks here.....

Shit hot bomber
    CFD

Hard arvo fish but finally succeeded with this 2.5kg hen.

Followed by an epic evening rise of mayflies. My dry fly fishing needs some work. Pricked a few tiddlers but nothing connected.
    That will die wont it?

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    That will die wont it?
    @Sean. If it wasn't already dead, yes it would.
    I don't carry a priest as there is always a suitable rock or stick to deliver the coup de grace on the river bed and this was done as soon as possible after netting this fish.
    I too take the occasional fish to eat and this young lady was in such good nick it was an easy decision to make.
    I have no objection what so ever to killing trout or other game/pests in a humane and respectful manner.

Got away to the Canterbury high country for the last week of the season.
    Didn't fish much as hunting mornings and evenings so lake fishing was pretty dead during the middle of the day.
    Lots of salmon in the head of the river so didn't see a lot of trout there either. But did catch this 9 lb ( 4kg ) brown jack.
    It was like lifting a brick off the bottom after the first strong run and a few acrobatics he just sat on the bottom and it took a lot of pressure to lift him free.
    Then a nice slow steady drift with a hell of a lot of pressure on him to gently steer into the net of a waiting mate / photographer.Name:  image2.jpg
Views: 383
Size:  1.09 MB
    Tahr, wsm junkie, Dundee and 5 others like this.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    That is a nice fish.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms