Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: This Chap is truly wild

This Chap is truly wild

From swimming to shark infested waters (Is it really?) to catching huge fish, I guess all the result of putting in the hard work to fish places where others don't dare

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ju0BcBoXxxE

Dunno what it is about that guy but his vids just don't light my fire.
    I'm sure he is a great guy tho etc etc
    Carbine and Joe Schmo like this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

MSL
    Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    I’m with you there, I can’t watch his videos. Not sure who his target market is, but it’s not me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    yeah_na_missed likes this.

Caretaker
    Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    He’s trying too hard for the camera, started parading on dads safari park and finding it difficult to stop

Trying to copy Briggsy and Brooksy

Attention, is a hell of a drug
    veitnamcam and Carbine like this.
    A big fast bullet beats a little fast bullet every time

MB
    Quote Originally Posted by 7mmsaum View Post
    He’s trying too hard for the camera, started parading on dads safari park and finding it difficult to stop

Trying to copy Briggsy and Brooksy

I watched the video last night. Have watched his videos on and off for a while. Totally agree with your comments. Found myself turning the volume down so my wife couldn't hear it as it was a bit cringey. If he could just tone it down a bit... that said, he seems to be doing well and probably doesn't care about the opinions of some grumpy old men on a hunting forum. Good luck to him.
    Cowboy and Micky Duck like this.

Assuming its Joe without clicking link - nice bloke. He makes his money from it so good on him. Global audience so yeah probably not to worried about a few Kiwi purists

Purist might be stretching it a bit Gibo.
    Gibo likes this.
    Overkill is still dead.

He gets an "A" for effort and enthusiasm. I knew I was getting old when his half naked girl friend started to annoy me.

His guiding mate he hunts with is a nephew of a long standing and hard case ex member of the old forum. Think religion and photography.
    cb14 likes this.
    Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing, and right-doing, there is a field. I will meet you there.
    - Rumi

Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    He gets an "A" for effort and enthusiasm. I knew I was getting old when his half naked girl friend started to annoy me.

His guiding mate he hunts with is a nephew of a long standing and hard case ex member of the old forum. Think religion and photography.
    Fluerty
    7mmsaum likes this.

MB
    The videos where they are prancing around in the sea in togs in early spring like it's northern Queensland made me laugh. They must have been freezing their tits off!

I sometimes wonder how old bonyfoot is. When I reflect on some old of his old posts, it’s clear he wasn’t very well.

The influencer culture is part of what we tried to leave behind, I understand the business of it but I feel like making the constant effort to be a star would cheapen the experience of soaking in all that nature has to offer, but that’s me and to each their own. I certainly notice that the YouTube picture selling most fishing videos these days seem to have a bikini involved, which is weird because I almost never wear a bikini when I’m fishing so I don’t know what they’re trying to sell me?
    One of the things I tell people about leaving the US is that when I would visit primary schools they would always have pictures on the wall of what the young kids wanted to be when they grew up “fireman” “teacher” “fish biologist” etc. The last few years almost half of em were “YouTuber” or “influencer” and I said…I gotta get my kids outta this place!!
    Back on point…I do dig the local YouTubers showing me where to fish, helpful for a rookie.

Quote Originally Posted by Proudkiwi View Post
    I sometimes wonder how old bonyfoot is. When I reflect on some old of his old posts, it’s clear he wasn’t very well.
    He's living in Ireland.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Schmo View Post
    The influencer culture is part of what we tried to leave behind, I understand the business of it but I feel like making the constant effort to be a star would cheapen the experience of soaking in all that nature has to offer, but that’s me and to each their own. I certainly notice that the YouTube picture selling most fishing videos these days seem to have a bikini involved, which is weird because I almost never wear a bikini when I’m fishing so I don’t know what they’re trying to sell me?
    One of the things I tell people about leaving the US is that when I would visit primary schools they would always have pictures on the wall of what the young kids wanted to be when they grew up “fireman” “teacher” “fish biologist” etc. The last few years almost half of em were “YouTuber” or “influencer” and I said…I gotta get my kids outta this place!!
    Back on point…I do dig the local YouTubers showing me where to fish, helpful for a rookie.
    Actually I did not see his Bikini vids until it was pointed here. I liked his land based king fish vids. I am from a hunting, fishing starved country and for me something like this is stuff of dreams. Thanks to these YouTubers we are able to at least see it if not experience it.
    veitnamcam and MB like this.

I know a friend's son in Aus, who makes 30~50k a month from youtube, because he is a guy who makes step by step vids, for one of those 1st person computer shoot 'em up games.

He's got about 1,000 videos of every granular aspect, of the game and all it's versions.

But then he's the one guy in a million.

For every one of him there are 999,999 who only make $5 a year.

And when his game goes out of fashion....

All that gaming will come in really handy...