Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Clean up our Rivers

Quote Originally Posted by kiwijames View Post
    WTF. Considering the water quality demands placed on the Ruataniwha dam and HBRC I doubt this would meet this standard.
    Where is your info from Dundee? If this is consented, why? Where is the entry point? Below Waipuk?
    It's not a recent photo tuki has be brown last week or so

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

P38
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwijames View Post
    WTF. Considering the water quality demands placed on the Ruataniwha dam and HBRC I doubt this would meet this standard.
    Where is your info from Dundee? If this is consented, why? Where is the entry point? Below Waipuk?
    Kiwijames

The council have been discharging sewage into the Tuki for years.

The multi million dollar upgrade last year was supposed to fix this issue but it hasn't.

The Regional Council is now suing the district council because they are operating outside of their consent.

Instead of wasting time and money on infighting they should just get it fixed.

Here's the story that was in the HB Today a few weeks back

'Serious concerns' over wastewater - Hawkes Bay Today - Hawke's Bay Today News

Cheers
    Pete

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by P38 View Post
    Kiwijames

The council have been discharging sewage into the Tuki for years.

The multi million dollar upgrade last year was supposed to fix this issue but it hasn't.

The Regional Council is now suing the district council because they are operating outside of their consent.

Instead of wasting time and money on infighting they should just get it fixed.

Here's the story that was in the HB Today a few weeks back

'Serious concerns' over wastewater - Hawkes Bay Today - Hawke's Bay Today News

Cheers
    Pete
    Goes to show then how competent they will be should a fucking white elephant, I mean enormous debt hole, I mean Ruataniwha dam go ahead. The Tuki has often been considered a convenient sewer this only confirms those bobbleheads contempt.
    HBRC, CHBC and the rest of them need to be tipped off their trough and into the offal pit. I am sick to the eye teeth of local government. I will be voting for amalgamation only to reduce the numbers and remove a few leeches off the tit. As a NCC ratepayer I'm supposedly losing out by amalgamation? Bullshit.

I thought this was a new discharge over and above the current irregularities.
    P38, BRADS, POME and 1 others like this.
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds

The photo is from last year but what does it matter. The council are still prepared to discharge raw sewage into the river. The council did have their consent withdrawn after to the 3mil upgrade of the oxidation ponds failed to improve the quality of the discharge into the Tukituki and they issued a warning not to swim in the river downstream of the treatment plant in Waipawa. This is also after the almost 1 mil they wasted on the tree planting for the other failed water treatment idea they had. But hey they are going to allow mountain biking on the land they purchased for that balls up. A fucking good use of my rates rise.
    Phew! i feel a little better for that.

Thanks for the update Pome,I had no idea how old that pic was but like you say,it doesn't matter those buggers will do what they want.
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

Council are defending that pic that I shared. Apparently it was 12 months old and they are calling the discolouration 'tannins'

They are in the progress of installing filters to get the phosphorous levels to safe levels.

They also said on the news this morning 'Effluent is treated that flows into the Tukituk' from Waipawa and Waipukarau.
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

Quote Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
    Council are defending that pic that I shared. Apparently it was 12 months old and they are calling the discolouration 'tannins'

They are in the progress of installing filters to get the phosphorous levels to safe levels.

They also said on the news this morning 'Effluent is treated that flows into the Tukituk' from Waipawa and Waipukarau.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1727...1830060612783/