Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch NZGR


User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 75 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2561626364656667686970717273747576 LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 1128
Like Tree2746Likes

Thread: Fishing tomorrow!

  1. #1111
    Almost literate. veitnamcam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Nelson
    Posts
    18,016
    Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    Yep a cracker morning ................even for those of us at work. Not many small boats went out the "cut" this morning
    I was expecting a breeze rising to wet in my boat going off windyty but it was glassy till one pm.

    Sent from my SM-A320Y using Tapatalk
    stingray likes this.
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire

    Chicken Intolerant.

  2. #1112
    Almost literate. veitnamcam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Nelson
    Posts
    18,016
    Has anybody on here tried the cooking kahawai gut before?
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire

    Chicken Intolerant.

  3. #1113
    R93
    R93 is offline
    Member R93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Westland NZ, PNG
    Posts
    13,144
    Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Has anybody on here tried the cooking kahawai gut before?
    No but looking forward to your report after you try

    Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Pengy, Maca49, Shearer and 1 others like this.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

  4. #1114
    Almost literate. veitnamcam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Nelson
    Posts
    18,016
    Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    No but looking forward to your report after you try

    Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Alright I will give it a crack Nigel....next time I get a few.
    R93 likes this.
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire

    Chicken Intolerant.

  5. #1115
    Ex stick thrower madjon_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Richmond. Tasman.and Oz
    Posts
    2,405
    Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Alright I will give it a crack Nigel....next time I get a few.
    You gotta put it in a jar till it starts fizzing,then quick fry.
    Maca49 likes this.
    Sako Rifles,Browning shotguns,Black Labs.There is nothing else

    The dog always bites,The horse always kicks,The gun is always loaded.


    " Real guns start with the number 3 or bigger and make two holes, one in and one out." -

  6. #1116
    Almost literate. veitnamcam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Nelson
    Posts
    18,016
    Quote Originally Posted by madjon_ View Post
    You gotta put it in a jar till it starts fizzing,then quick fry.
    You mean like the wifes chicken and vegetable soup that she had left sitting on the stove for two days? I recon she should have bottled and drunk it instead of my beer...it was bubbling away quite happily at room temp just like homebrew
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire

    Chicken Intolerant.

  7. #1117
    Almost literate. veitnamcam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Nelson
    Posts
    18,016
    Dropped the net out just before tea and picked it up 3 hours later in the rain and dark.


    Amazing how much difference a few days of warmer weather makes to the catch.



    Sent from my SM-A320Y using Tapatalk
    stingray, Maca49, Shearer and 2 others like this.
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire

    Chicken Intolerant.

  8. #1118
    Member Pengy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Up in da hills somewhere near Nelson
    Posts
    7,642
    Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Dropped the net out just before tea and picked it up 3 hours later in the rain and dark.


    Amazing how much difference a few days of warmer weather makes to the catch.



    Sent from my SM-A320Y using Tapatalk
    Rain ? Really ?
    Forgotmaboltagain

  9. #1119
    Almost literate. veitnamcam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Nelson
    Posts
    18,016
    Quote Originally Posted by Pengy View Post
    Rain ? Really ?
    Yep was soaked by the time I got back on the trailer.
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire

    Chicken Intolerant.

  10. #1120
    Member Maca49's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    BOP
    Posts
    14,932
    Those must be bloody good Flounders to wanna get wet for? You may need a psychologist!
    veitnamcam likes this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

  11. #1121
    Almost literate. veitnamcam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Nelson
    Posts
    18,016
    Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    Those must be bloody good Flounders to wanna get wet for? You may need a psychologist!
    You are probably right Macca on both counts!
    I dont like to leave net out for a whole night especially with the big tides, it gets full with weed and rolled up and damaged and all the fish turns to shit also.

    I just remembered there were not one but FOUR bloody red cod of all things in my net..... Dont recall ever catching them in the estuary before.
    Maca49 likes this.
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire

    Chicken Intolerant.

  12. #1122
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Tasman bay NZ
    Posts
    227
    Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    I just remembered there were not one but FOUR bloody red cod of all things in my net..... Dont recall ever catching them in the estuary before.
    Thats interesting VC. Over the winter months we often catch them in the westhaven inlet, bloody slimy things !!


    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

  13. #1123
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Home - mainland nz, actual - could be anywhere...
    Posts
    3,183
    Fishing today was unplanned. Breakfast, while leaving Mrs in bed, the boy says the weather looks good and water is flat - we should go fishing/boating. I say that's a good idea, and let's eat breakfast.
    Fast forward, shopping and now boat in water. Kids drive, all really good.
    Daughter caught a few (3+) snapper but no keepers. Wife caught a eel - first for me up here.


    Anyway, a great afternoon on the water with the kids and Mrs. (My 5 yo can drive the boat better than the Mrs, it pisses the Mrs hugely, and is a proud point for me! )
    Please excuse spelling, as finger speed is sometimes behind brain spped........ Or maybe the other wayy.....

  14. #1124
    Member Shearer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Tasman
    Posts
    2,526
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
    Fishing today was unplanned. Breakfast, while leaving Mrs in bed, the boy says the weather looks good and water is flat - we should go fishing/boating. I say that's a good idea, and let's eat breakfast.
    Fast forward, shopping and now boat in water. Kids drive, all really good.
    Daughter caught a few (3+) snapper but no keepers. Wife caught a eel - first for me up here.


    Anyway, a great afternoon on the water with the kids and Mrs. (My 5 yo can drive the boat better than the Mrs, it pisses the Mrs hugely, and is a proud point for me! )
    Funny. I watched a young girl (probably 10 or 11 ish) driving her dad around French pass while he was jigging for kingfish in a 12 knot current. He had trained her very well.
    veitnamcam, stingray and Beaker like this.
    Experience. What you get just after you needed it.

  15. #1125
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Home - mainland nz, actual - could be anywhere...
    Posts
    3,183
    Quote Originally Posted by Shearer View Post
    Funny. I watched a young girl (probably 10 or 11 ish) driving her dad around French pass while he was jigging for kingfish in a 12 knot current. He had trained her very well.
    I hear that man - my daughter wants to drop the anchor at any fish on the screen......
    Shearer likes this.
    Please excuse spelling, as finger speed is sometimes behind brain spped........ Or maybe the other wayy.....

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Going for a walk tomorrow
    By Nose to tail in forum Hunting
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 17-02-2015, 02:53 PM
  2. Hare Today, Gone Tomorrow
    By Scribe in forum The Magazine
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 31-01-2015, 03:39 PM
  3. Anyone got tomorrow off........
    By Waterpig in forum Hunting
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 11-06-2014, 09:55 AM
  4. Tua tomorrow
    By Maca49 in forum Off topic
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 17-11-2013, 10:58 PM
  5. I hope the op goes well for you tomorrow Toby
    By Rushy in forum Off topic
    Replies: 255
    Last Post: 24-08-2013, 01:49 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Welcome to NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums! We see you're new here, or arn't logged in. Create an account, and Login for full access including our FREE BUY and SELL section Register NOW!!