Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Giant Trevally

If your not fast your last Shootm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Depends if how serious you are?

I have chased them in a few Islands, mainly due to budget I haven't been where I want to go which would be...with NOMAD in Aussie on a mothership fishing from a tender each day, or New Caledonia. You have a real chance of fish over 45-50 kg in those places.

I have caught fish that size in lesser places but they were after 1000's of casts, which you could argue made it more worth while. Also we caught a decent dogtooth, Bluefin trevally (lupo), MU (an arsehole red snapper thing) barracuda etc. Highlight was yellowfin tuna casting stick baits too.

They are great fish, but I rate a 25kg kingfish on a stick bait in 15m of water as comparable easily. Some may see it different but none of us had any issues landing big GT's

Is there a time of the year that is better than other times of the year?

I Have Sexdaily. I mean Dyslexia! Fcuk!

I was just wondering in all the videos I`v seen there has not been a mention of eating them, so are they any good to eat!!.

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by homebrew.357 View Post
    I was just wondering in all the videos I`v seen there has not been a mention of eating them, so are they any good to eat!!.
    Sagittaria poisoning is not a great way to go
    Shootm, veitnamcam and Tommy like this.
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds

Quote Originally Posted by homebrew.357 View Post
    Our slightly smaller versions are great but in the tropics they accumulate poison from coral fish as above.

Sent from my SM-A320Y using Tapatalk
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.