Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Kingis

Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post
    Guess you cant help stupid eh.

Sorry Mikee I don't have a definate answer other than to to tell you I have a large yellow Bouy and the young blokes dive with the orange torpedo type with flags. Yeah last year some days were bloody maddness over 150 divers in the water off the Glenn.

Thank you for your concern all the same it's truely appreciated!
    No I don't want to catch stingrays!!! Sounds like you have too much common sense anyway
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

I'm heading out for a look for a kingi off Taylor's mistake . First light tomorrow ( Tuesday 7) In boat . Probably until mid morning or until the easterly turns up .
    Anyone keen ? as I'm going no matter what , so another rod won't hurt . If it's clean and calm can take snorkel and spear gun ? .
    veitnamcam and Matt2308 like this.
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Quote Originally Posted by Munsey View Post
    I'm heading out for a look for a kingi off Taylor's mistake . First light tomorrow ( Tuesday 7) In boat . Probably until mid morning or until the easterly turns up .
    Anyone keen ? as I'm going no matter what , so another rod won't hurt . If it's clean and calm can take snorkel and spear gun ? .
    Keen as!!! I'll jump on my private jet after my whiskey
    Munsey likes this.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    Keen as!!! I'll jump on my private jet after my whiskey
    Didn't your missus take the jet to Hong Kong this morning?
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely

Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    Didn't your missus take the jet to Hong Kong this morning?
    Nah shes in the limo in vegas

Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    Nah shes in the limo in vegas
    The bitch drove past and didn't even wave
    Scouser likes this.
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

Quote Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
    The bitch drove past and didn't even wave
    The real vegas

speared my first kingii last week too after years of half assed trying, keeping the spear with me at all times now, payed off with a 11.5 pound snapper too
    was a good last week of the holidays.
    I was going to head out for low tide last night till remembering my spear is still buggered from the kingfish.....
    Toby likes this.

Just spotted this now. Would have been keen
    Munsey likes this.

Last night at Glenndunne. Finned out towards the bouy got 150 yards off the boulder bank and the vis open out to 40ft, plankton in epic shoals (one moment you could see 40ft the next next you couldn't see you dive buddy a meter away) we hit the tide line and then the Kingi's came in.

Was the dive of the season for me, you would see them on the bottom in two's or three's and as you swam down to them the school would rise up to meet you and you would be surrounded by over 30 kingi's, Now seeing and spearing are two very differnt things (well for us last night).. as soon as you got you spear away from your body or swam at em they driffted out of range. Shit we tried every thing Hip shots, diving on em from above, ignoring em the works. Next week will be flashers tied off my dive bouy.

All in all a fantastic two hours we saw three serious schools and over a hand full of individuals or pairs that would come in and buzz you and ghost away. Obiviously still alot to learn before I can put one on the board, still fingers crossed not long now.
    puku, veitnamcam, R93 and 2 others like this.
    Nil durum volenti !!

Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post
    Last night at Glenndunne. Finned out towards the bouy got 150 yards off the boulder bank and the vis open out to 40ft, plankton in epic shoals (one moment you could see 40ft the next next you couldn't see you dive buddy a meter away) we hit the tide line and then the Kingi's came in.

Was the dive of the season for me, you would see them on the bottom in two's or three's and as you swam down to them the school would rise up to meet you and you would be surrounded by over 30 kingi's, Now seeing and spearing are two very differnt things (well for us last night).. as soon as you got you spear away from your body or swam at em they driffted out of range. Shit we tried every thing Hip shots, diving on em from above, ignoring em the works. Next week will be flashers tied off my dive bouy.

All in all a fantastic two hours we saw three serious schools and over a hand full of individuals or pairs that would come in and buzz you and ghost away. Obiviously still alot to learn before I can put one on the board, still fingers crossed not long now.
    Looks like I better get the boat out
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    Looks like I better get the boat out
    40 - 60 ft, right on the tide line. Rising tide.
    Nil durum volenti !!

How big a boat is realistically required to get out boulder bank ? This is sounding very tempting . I realise sea conditions are constant change , but be cool to get my 16 ft tin tub out ?

Yeah Munsey you would be fine in yours, the only problem you would have is finding a trailer park on a good weekend.

To be honest you could just bring a gun and dive with me off the Boulder bank, they were coming right to the surface last night.

So were the orca an hour before apperently. but they're friendly so I'm told

Got a spare bed at mine any time eh.
    Nil durum volenti !!

How big a boat is realistically required to get out boulder bank ? This is sounding very tempting . I realise sea conditions are constant change , but be cool to get my 16 ft tin tub out ?
    You'd be all good with that on a good day. If you come up I'll loan you some lures if you like as they are bloody expensive if you are only going to chace them once or twice.

Sat will be good by the looks
    High tide 11:43am (4.6m)
    Name:  Sat Weather.JPG
Views: 250
Size:  85.3 KB
    Last edited by mikee; 30-01-2014 at 10:47 AM.
    stingray likes this.