Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By veitnamcam
  • 2 Post By Gibo

Thread: Tide forecast charts

Tide forecast charts

Am starting to do a bit if research for a trip in a few months and looking for rides a few months away. Last 3 websites I have found are only for the next month. Could be as I am using a phone and not full website or that o am not seeing the right button to click.....

Who has the most accurate charts? Have a leeway of 2weeks to get everyone organized for work leave but need a good low tide to get dropped off

I find met service very good for tides.....appalling for weather but good for tides.
    madjon_ likes this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

https://www.linz.govt.nz/sea/tides/tide-predictions

I use Linz. Sort out your closest primary port, and the offset for your closest secondary port, then download the pdf table, print it, bind it and you have the tide predictions for the next couple of years.

Buy New Zealand nautical almanac $20 from the chandlers or google and download. It starts stops June I think so if you are planning after then you need next years. Go to your standard port Bluff for Stewart Island and look up your date and it will give you high and low tide time and height. note those times down then go to secondary port and it will give you a time and height difference in plus or minus. Add or take away from your standard port to give you your high /low tide and height from chart datum for your chosen port. I can not remember if you need to add or takeaway 1 hour for daylight saving time but it tells you when that is and you will have to read the instructions at the start of the tables. There is 5ish secondary ports for Stewart as the high low tide is slightly different the opposite side of the island to Oban, as i am sure you know. Hope that is explaned well enough to understand but the tables explain how to use them at the start.

Tides are a constant, no need to forecast. Find location and plug in date at the top

https://tides4fishing.com/nz/bay-of-plenty/tauranga
    veitnamcam and bluebaiter222 like this.

Ok cheers for the help guys, plan a is scrapped as tides won't work, plan b isnt looking so flash so time to work through the rest of the alphabet.....