Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: Two poachers caught 'pillaging' stream

ditto on that one Chris

"Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

Pitch forking trout streams in Rotorua is a traditional recreational pastime. To my shame now I used to participate in the 60's. Times have changed and its about time the so called authorities clamped down on it. I suppose I should join the fun police.

sturg4
    In the same breath I wonder if DOC will ever be Convicted for contaminating Trout, eel and koura with 1080.

Or do people see that as somehow different and more acceptable.

I must admit I have a little difficulty reconciling myself to some of these thing that go on around us.

For example if someone sneaked into the Dart and shot 50 of that much admired little herd of Whitetail and left them to rot most of us hunters would be incensed. And yet DOC did that with a few hoppers full of 1080 and we have judging by the lack of reaction we have found this acceptable.

If DOC had have used deer repellent there may have then been mitigation, but DOC refused the pleas of all interest parties to use it.

DOC fishes all and with a very FINE MESH??
    Last edited by Scribe; 20-11-2014 at 11:00 AM.
    veitnamcam and NZHTR like this.

Only people that see it different are the government departments.
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

Will be interesting to see the sentence as the judge has suggested strongly they have lawyers (other than themselves) for sentencing. Hopefully this could be the first custodial sentance handed down.

Will watch with interest, not much for them to argue in mitigation and right royally red handed. Hopefully justice is blind and the sentance applied as fits the crime..

Quote Originally Posted by Carpe Diem View Post
    Will be interesting to see the sentence as the judge has suggested strongly they have lawyers (other than themselves) for sentencing. Hopefully this could be the first custodial sentance handed down.

Will watch with interest, not much for them to argue in mitigation and right royally red handed. Hopefully justice is blind and the sentance applied as fits the crime..
    Do you want there mug shots?
    CFD

Already seen their photo's - and the haul they took out of the spawning stream.

It's god to see both F&G and DOC have recently intensified their activities around monitoring this activity, so don't forget big brother is watching you in many of these places....
    I hope they start putting more through the system and compare notes with the cops to get them up to speed on nabbing other poachers and stock stealing miscreants...

No more community service sentences - straight to the brig I say!!!

Farmer near MataMata recently fined $56 thou for discharge of effluent into a swamp (Waikato Regional Council) Farmer on West Coast recently fined over $60 thou by WCRC for discharging effluent into drain. Locals living in border of Kahurangi National park had their water supply stream deliberately poisoned by Tasman Unitary Council. Council and Medical Officer of Health refused to provide plumbed water to home or test the stream for rotting carcasses for the 6 month shut down period notified on entry points to the park after it was all 1080'd. Police refuse to prosecute Council or Animal Health Board for their deliberate poisoning of that natural water supply "because it was legally approved". Animal Health Board was given approval by West Coast Regional Council to drop 1080 poison directly into lakes and waterways recently. The same council profits from contracting to AHB to drop the poison. Waikato Regional Council approved deliberate poisoning of Pirongia waterways with aerial 1080 recently. West Coast Regional Council carried out the drop and profits from it. meanwhile, NZDA Otago branch recently virtually boycotted an anti 1080 meeting at Wanaka after DoC threatened to withdraw their hunts course funding if they supported that meeting. (Only about 2 of their members attended) Over 100 other non NZDA locals attended though. Meanwhile the gutless public continues to swallow the crap being dished out to them daily by DoC, the AHB and the Regional Councils and the media supporting 1080, leaving it to just a few of us to fight the double standards and the green extremists and government types who want all introduced animals birds and fish killed from free access wild New Zealand.
    I do not support trout poaching but there are a heap of hypocrisies' going on in our country and mostly being carried out by government entities all of which are compulsorily funded by taxpayers and ratepayers. (YOU).
    The criminal element have simply lowered themselves into the similar gutter levels of politics and extremism. Punish the ratbags, sure; but ffs then carry on and deal to the bureaucrats who are shitting on the whole lot of us with apparent impunity.

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    @Woody. You must have two cocks.
    Please go push your poisonous barrow somewhere else. You are very boring.

sturg4
    It is hard to reconcile the publics distaste for this crime and their ability on the other hand to ignore DOC attitude to trout and their open statements referring to them as the possums of the waterways.

These statements were made just before DOC received resource consent to use the poison rotenone to specifically poison trout.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwijames View Post
    @Woody. You must have two cocks.
    Please go push your poisonous barrow somewhere else. You are very boring.
    Is truth and logic too hard to swallow for you kiwijames?

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Not at all. Its where men thrive. But if you expect me to belive half the ditribe that spews from both youself and Scribe then you are somewhat mistaken.
    Plus the narcissism of the pair of you only confirms to me you are both miserable old men burning up bandwidth in the retirement home.
    To imagine that your burning desire is so important you can threadbomb any section with such a degree of separation proves it. Not to mention the founding SIMPLE rule of no politics has gone over your head. You are so donkey deep believing, you are blinded by your own self importance. @MackaS. Sorry to spam your thread.
    EeeBees and MackaS like this.
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds

Believe what you like. The truth is plain to see if you bother to look. No intent to get into politics, but simply comments on lawbreaking and the principles of balance and fairness to all.

sturg4
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwijames View Post
    Not at all. Its where men thrive. But if you expect me to belive half the ditribe that spews from both youself and Scribe then you are somewhat mistaken.
    Plus the narcissism of the pair of you only confirms to me you are both miserable old men burning up bandwidth in the retirement home.
    To imagine that your burning desire is so important you can threadbomb any section with such a degree of separation proves it. Not to mention the founding SIMPLE rule of no politics has gone over your head. You are so donkey deep believing, you are blinded by your own self importance. @MackaS. Sorry to spam your thread.
    Strong and bitter words indicate a weak cause
    hamsav and tararua like this.