Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: Bird poo in an eco-sanctuary

I know an old lady who swallowed a fly...

I would have thought that Falcons, Little Owls and Morepork, would be better than rats, or as suggested, some blokes with bird shot and an ongoing campaign.
    Micky Duck likes this.

Banned
    I could fix this in two nights. Orchard type frost protection 'smudge pots' the old oil burning type placed under the trees. Dark still night, light them and add flowers of sulphur. All the birds will be knocked out on the ground or gone in the morning. Sulphur fumes knocks them out, we used it to catch birds as kids

"Denyer said it hasn’t been possible to guesstimate the actual effects on native wildlife of introducing rats"

Really. Why have a Predator Free Plan and a fenced off exclusion zone at all then... I really have no time for these bureaucratic types who go about making shit up to justify their latest brain fart.
    I'd like to verify your clam.

Only after swallowing a horse apparently

Quote Originally Posted by 7mmwsm View Post
    Knew. Didn't she kark it?
    Micky Duck likes this.

so if they want birds to stay away and not roost in an area.... nah that just seems dumb full stop... I know Timaru council put strips of the blue plastic strapping on lins above the open water pools for town supply to keep birds off..but birds n trees just go together.... there has to be a clever solution somehow....
    75/15/10 black powder matters

I think this is as funny as fuck! have said it before and will say it again - hoomans trying to play at being God! Oh what a cluster its gonna be, just leave the place alone and time will sort it all out.
    Moa Hunter and Micky Duck like this.

had discussion with elder female relative by marriage....she had parked broomstick in corner so was home when we called in for cuppa..
    she was moaning that they have clorinated the water here in Geraldine...I asked where her water tank was??? you have a clean garden shed roof,why arent yo ucollecting drinking water from it? I asked....cant trust water off a roof ..she replied...easy to fix that I said,just chuck in a cap of janola.......... oh how I HAD TO CONTAIN MY CHUCKLES OF MIRTH...
    personally I would rather have taste of chlorine than another dose of the poohs n spews
    grew up in Tokoroa with the smell of chlorine etc from the mill...
    drank Taumarunui water in my teens and actually LIKED IT......
    folks dont appreciate that good water= stuff you can drink when you have been parched and drunk out of muddy puddle on side of tramping track,or stomped hole in a bog and waited for it to fill enough to get some semi less muddy liquid to drink...yeah a little bit of chlorine smell isnt so bad....
    fussy fussy fussy.

$54 from either warehouse or mitre 10 will get you a filter jug and 2 spare filters,that should help Mr Fussy LOL.

i have just lost what little faith I still had our "conservation" department. what a bunch of absolute fucking morons.
    veitnamcam likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    had discussion with elder female relative by marriage....she had parked broomstick in corner so was home when we called in for cuppa..
    she was moaning that they have clorinated the water here in Geraldine...I asked where her water tank was??? you have a clean garden shed roof,why arent yo ucollecting drinking water from it? I asked....cant trust water off a roof ..she replied...easy to fix that I said,just chuck in a cap of janola.......... oh how I HAD TO CONTAIN MY CHUCKLES OF MIRTH...
    personally I would rather have taste of chlorine than another dose of the poohs n spews
    grew up in Tokoroa with the smell of chlorine etc from the mill...
    drank Taumarunui water in my teens and actually LIKED IT......
    folks dont appreciate that good water= stuff you can drink when you have been parched and drunk out of muddy puddle on side of tramping track,or stomped hole in a bog and waited for it to fill enough to get some semi less muddy liquid to drink...yeah a little bit of chlorine smell isnt so bad....
    fussy fussy fussy.
    I have never heard of anyone actually liking the taste of chlorine thats wild
    Ill take my chances on a cattle trough or many a river that I inevitably find something dead in upstream
    Micky Duck likes this.

Flamethrowers
    XR500 likes this.