Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine NZGR


User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213
Results 181 to 188 of 188
Like Tree111Likes

Thread: Search And Rescue

  1. #181
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    123
    Quote Originally Posted by Gapped axe View Post
    found my two

    Mamaku ?

  2. #182
    Member Dundee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Way East of D'Vagas
    Posts
    15,935
    The bodies have been found of the two blokes in the Tongariro National Park.
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

    tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

  3. #183
    LOC
    LOC is offline
    Member LOC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    auckland
    Posts
    861
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
    The bodies have been found of the two blokes in the Tongariro National Park.
    sad news. says they were found south of the Mangatawai Stream which runs parallel with Tree Trunk Rd which it says is where they ditched their car. if the reports are correct it is a relatively small area to have not found them for so many weeks

  4. #184
    308
    308 is offline
    Member 308's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Wgtn
    Posts
    1,680
    Quote Originally Posted by LOC View Post
    sad news. says they were found south of the Mangatawai Stream which runs parallel with Tree Trunk Rd which it says is where they ditched their car. if the reports are correct it is a relatively small area to have not found them for so many weeks
    Harder to find someone if they are hiding from you
    tetawa, Pengy and A330driver like this.

  5. #185
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Tauranga
    Posts
    353
    Pretty tight in there by the looks.

  6. #186
    Member Dundee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Way East of D'Vagas
    Posts
    15,935
    Good result.

    "Search and Rescue Mt Ruapehu"

    A 21-year-old man has been rescued following a cold, wet night on Mount Ruapehu.

    Police were called at 5pm yesterday after the man did not return from a day hike up the mountain.

    A search base was set up at Turangi and four search teams, around 12 people, searched overnight until 4am.

    The search resumed at 7am and the man was found at around 12.50pm today.

    He was cold, had a dislocated knee and was flown to Taupo Hospital.

    A RNZAF NH90 helicopter, the Greenlea Rescue Helicopter, LandSAR personal, staff from Tukino Skifield and Ruapehu Alpine Lifts were integral parts in the search.

    Local iwi Tuwharetoa were also involved in the search effort.

    Taupo Search and Rescue Coordinator Senior Constable Barry Shepherd says the search teams did a wonderful job.

    “Conditions were less than ideal with very little visibility, rain and snow, so all credit to the guys and girls at the sharp end.

    “It’s a timely reminder to other trampers and walkers in the area to make sure you are well prepared for the conditions, let people know where you are going and stick to your plans,” he says.

    ENDS
    stingray, Pengy and CATLINS HUNTER like this.
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

    tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

  7. #187
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
    Good result.

    "Search and Rescue Mt Ruapehu"

    A 21-year-old man has been rescued following a cold, wet night on Mount Ruapehu.

    Police were called at 5pm yesterday after the man did not return from a day hike up the mountain.

    A search base was set up at Turangi and four search teams, around 12 people, searched overnight until 4am.

    The search resumed at 7am and the man was found at around 12.50pm today.

    He was cold, had a dislocated knee and was flown to Taupo Hospital.

    A RNZAF NH90 helicopter, the Greenlea Rescue Helicopter, LandSAR personal, staff from Tukino Skifield and Ruapehu Alpine Lifts were integral parts in the search.

    Local iwi Tuwharetoa were also involved in the search effort.

    Taupo Search and Rescue Coordinator Senior Constable Barry Shepherd says the search teams did a wonderful job.

    “Conditions were less than ideal with very little visibility, rain and snow, so all credit to the guys and girls at the sharp end.

    “It’s a timely reminder to other trampers and walkers in the area to make sure you are well prepared for the conditions, let people know where you are going and stick to your plans,” he says.

    ENDS
    Thankfully it wasn't too bumpy flying today

  8. #188
    Almost literate. veitnamcam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Nelson
    Posts
    19,039
    Tramper named....details still very vague.

    https://www.stuff.co.nz/nelson-mail/...-well-prepared.
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire

    Chicken Intolerant.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. advanced search - weird results
    By ebf in forum Questions, Comments, Suggestions, Testing.
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 21-03-2013, 12:49 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Welcome to NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums! We see you're new here, or arn't logged in. Create an account, and Login for full access including our FREE BUY and SELL section Register NOW!!