Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree111Likes

Thread: Search And Rescue

Body found.
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
    Body found.
    Good.result but sad.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

"Missing Tramper - Tararua Forest, Otaki Forks - National Alerts"

MEDIA RELEASE. SEARCH AND RESCUE OPERATION. 2300hrs Thursday 18/12/2014 Manawatu Police and Local LANDSAR volunteers are currently looking for David Schopf, a missing tramper in the Tararua Forest Park, Otaki Forks area.

He is a 21 year old male from Austria. Wearing black pants, blue windbreaker jacket, brown hiking boots, and a yellow and black beanie.

Also carrying a large black and grey tramping pack.

Described as having blond short hair. Schopf was last seen at Waitewaewae Hut in the Tararua Forest Park at approximately 1.30pm Wednesday 17th December 2014.

He has become separated from his tramping party between Waitewaewae Hut and Parawai Lodge, Otaki Forks. Police would like to hear from anyone who may have sighted this person.

There are some concerns for his safety. Please call police on 063513600 with any information after 0700hrs Friday 19th December 2014 Manawatu Police Search and Rescue - Constable Mark GILBERD.
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

Another great result team

"Missing tramper located safe and well"

The missing Austrian tramper, David Schopf has now been located.

Just before 6pm today an aerial search located David approximately five kilometres down river from the Waitewaewae Hut.

The helicopter that conducted the aerial search, an NZ Airforce NH90, winched David out from the bush.

David was flown to Levin and is currently speaking to officers.

Police want to thank everyone who was involved in the search.
    moonhunt, Yukon and Pengy like this.
    CFD

It's good when they get them.......alive.

Glad this guy made it out.

I get motion sickness pretty easy, my ride in nh90 went great. When they started doing low flying maneuvers over the ridges I felt a bit uneasy but still didn't lose my lunch kudos to the pilot.

Also being a 10 ton machine it has a lot of downdraft and noise. I recommend lugging around some ski goggles and earmuffs with your PLB for the next time you compound fracture and need the kerosene taxi.

Quote Originally Posted by tararua View Post
    Glad this guy made it out.

I get motion sickness pretty easy, my ride in nh90 went great. When they started doing low flying maneuvers over the ridges I felt a bit uneasy but still didn't lose my lunch kudos to the pilot.

Also being a 10 ton machine it has a lot of downdraft and noise. I recommend lugging around some ski goggles and earmuffs with your PLB for the next time you compound fracture and need the kerosene taxi.
    I would of happily jumped in the chopper for the team you lucky bugger.
    CFD

A couple of weekends ago. at this height they start to break a few branches off.
    Photo taken on a phone without zoom

Name:  4.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  232.1 KB

Name:  6.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  204.1 KB

Especially love the part that they thought a 16km hike would take 2 hours...

Quote Originally Posted by Thirdguy View Post
    I hope the bastards get the bill from the rescue.
    CFD

Quote Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
    I hope the bastards get the bill from the rescue.
    +1
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Me too

It costs nothing to name and shame them surely

You will notice recurring themes in these search reports: party splits up; no intentions lodged; inadequate gear; no map; no means of communications; failure to seek advice; poor planning; not being prepared for a night out in the scrub, etc. Yet these events will keep on happening, because people don't learn from the mistakes of others. As a park ranger (40 years) and a SAR Adviser to the Police (27 years) I took part in over 250 SAR operations, and the causes were always one (or more) of those on the list above. You hoped that people would learn from their mistakes, but I recall one party leader who we rescued 3 times! What totally annoyed me though were lengthy searches for people who "disappeared" deliberately. A woman left footprints heading into the tide on a west coast beach, and a pile of her clothing was found nearby, and a long difficult search ensued. She was discovered much later alive and well, living in Sydney. Seems she was having relationship difficulties! A big shout out for LANDSAR- like volunteer firefighters, they are ordinary people doing an extraordinary job!
    Dundee likes this.

"Search for missing hunter continues"

Search and Rescue teams from Wellington, Manuwatu, Horowhenua and the Wairarapa are continuing their search for missing hunter 28 year old Timothy Cleghorn today. Cleghorn, also known as Timothy Aicken, has not returned from a hunting trip after leaving his home Wednesday night.

It is believed that Mr Cleghorn has his dog with him, a tan bull mastiff with a chain around its neck. Mr Cleghorn is described as white, of skinny build and is believed to be wearing a white t-shirt and green camouflage pants. Today's search will continue through difficult terrain in the Akatarawa Saddle down through to the Waikanae Valley.

Ten teams are part of the search along with the assistance of a local 4WD club.

Searchers will also be door-knocking along Akatarawa Road to see if any residents have spotted him. Anyone with any information or sightings of Mr Cleghorn is asked to contact Wellington Police on (04) 381 2000 and ask to speak with Sergeant Anthony Harmer.
    CFD