Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree232Likes

Thread: Silly boy and an eel

Pretty freaky critters. In the Jeremy wade thing, there was a report of a young girl being dragged by the foot into deeper water and it was only her sister who managed to hold onto her, and pull her back out otherwise she would have drowned.
    bunji and MB like this.

Quote Originally Posted by rugerman View Post
    Pretty freaky critters. In the Jeremy wade thing, there was a report of a young girl being dragged by the foot into deeper water and it was only her sister who managed to hold onto her, and pull her back out otherwise she would have drowned.
    A very good friend of mine is also a mate of Jeremy, and he tells that the amount of BS involved in the prog is mind numbing.
    veitnamcam likes this.
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

Caretaker - Gone But Not Forgotten jakewire's Avatar
    On my Uncles farm Just south Of Hoki, outside of Ruatapu, the smaller ones come up out if the creek in the rain
    The cats would get them and bring them to the back door in the car port then stand guard
    Aunty Zera, she was from Latvia, naught got wasted, those eels were chopped for chook food.
    rugerman and Micky Duck like this.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Quote Originally Posted by jakewire View Post
    On my Uncles farm Just south Of Hoki, outside of Ruatapu, the smaller ones come up out if the creek in the rain
    The cats would get them and bring them to the back door in the car port then stand guard
    Aunty Zera, she was from Latvia, naught got wasted, those eels were chopped for chook food.
    My Mum always gave the eels I caught as a kid to the chooks. She chopped them with a spade. I lived down at the creek eeling and catching crawlys. It was the roots for my outdoors passion.
    Pengy and Micky Duck like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    ..put his finger in a rather big partially beheaded eel’s mouth...did not figure on the nerve reflex that caused the eel to close its mouth...
    Exactly the same with congas. While working as a teenager crayfishing on the neighbour's commercial boat, you got some impressive congas at times. I still vividly recall poking a knife in the moosh of a big deheaded conga a good 20mins it got dealt to. The jaws latched on to the knife impressively. We all agreed putting a finger in there wouldn't be a smart idea.

This little piggy went to market, this little piggy stayed at home, this little piggy had roast beef, this little piggy had none, this little piggy cried wee wee wee all the way home.
    Moa Hunter and Micky Duck like this.
    Remember the 7 “P”s; Pryor Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance.

my good Mrs nearly went wee wee wee on the chair when she watched the clip.....

I showed the guys at work today and they loved it to.

Priceless footage
    dannyb and Borris like this.
    When hunting think safety first

my dad always said you should listen, consider and mostly follow his advice. Cos eventually you will anyway. Certainly so with the eels!
    BSA270 and dannyb like this.

I thought I'd try and hand feed an eel at willowbank wildlife park a couple of years ago. You know their teeth are like razors and the wounds go all infected and manky for a couple of weeks.

Had to laugh at the quickness his emotion changed in the vid.
    Last edited by RUMPY; 15-02-2022 at 08:24 AM.
    MB and Borris like this.

That had wifey and I chuckling out loud. Poor bugger

Was standing in the Clarence a couple years ago on a stag do. Had a bit of dried deer blood up on my shins from a recently gutted deer. Few of the boys were taking a dip and one had taken upon himself to go for a skinny dip, felt some thing scratching on my shin and looked down to see a decent sized eel having a chew. I leapt out of the water like a little girl, old mate in the nude was walking on water, hand firmly clamped over his exposed gear. Bloody hilarious.
    veitnamcam, rugerman, 6x47 and 2 others like this.

MB
    Some good stories here

Hilarious, apex predator, bold fellas
    I know a lot but it seems less every day...

Alex got moves like Jagger! Thanks for sharing. I maintain that pain is our best teacher!
    MB likes this.

I recall a story about a tramper walking along a track through a section that was flooded to about waist deep when something grabbed him by the waist, he escaped relatively unscathed.
    Saw a photo is said waist that showed multiple small teeth marks- the eel must have been massive.
    It happened in Fiordland, on the track to George Sound (from memory - which may not be accurate!)
    ‘Many of my bullets have died in vain’