Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak DPT

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Should scalping on the forum be banned

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes and repeat offenders banned

9 14.75%
  • Yes and ban repeat offenders/low post count accounts

10 16.39%
  • Yes but no bans.

3 4.92%
  • No

20 32.79%
  • I don't care

19 31.15%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree154Likes

Thread: Ban Scalping on the Forum Poll

Quote Originally Posted by Stocky View Post
    After a recent thread selling projectiles we'll above retail appeared here. To try limit scalping I suggest we ban scalping outright on the forum. Its happening in the states bad so I think we jump on it early as it just makes it harder to buy powder as people will buy it just to sell it.

I would say that limit pricing on reloading items to highest retail pricing to try control pricing.

I would personally like to see a single warning to any member scalping on this forum. And then a ban or an instant ban for low post count accounts that are not contributing and only come here to use the buy sell threads for free.
    Let them do what they want i say.
    Buf it does fuck me off when I offer a great deal somone buys it then you see it on trade me for $500 more the next day, it only fucks me as they clearly never wanted it and some other forum member missed out on a great deal.
    Lesson I no longer sell to those people.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BRADS View Post
    Buf it does fuck me off when I offer a great deal somone buys it then you see it on trade me for $500 more the next day, it only fucks me as they clearly never wanted it and some other forum member missed out on a great deal.

Cheers Brad thanks for showing some people how to disagree with respects.

I partially agree and I just proposed the change as I cringe at the semi immoral posts too. I'm not like this government etc in that I actually asked people I didn't just change it and ignore what people think I just thought of a potential solution and posted it. I'm actually starting to agree that maybe our self policing is pretty good and why go further but the suggestion was made and I don't regret making it.

I've also brought a few items not quite as described including one that also had to be warrantied before I could use it that member has posts in this thread in support of scalping.

I've seen items snapped up off here end up on trademe within a week at double the price.
    I've stopped replying to this post for the most part as all I did was make a suggestion debate my side which many people disagree with obviously which is alright. But there's a brigade of men with there heads up there arses that believe that all change is bad and instantly react to any change or proposal of a change in a toxic manner. I appreciate when someone disagrees with me and does so with some level of respect but when comments like "a bunch of homos" pop up. These same people bitch about the forum being ruined but seriously need to look in the mirror as they are just doing exactly what all the "leftys" they so hate are doing but the other way around. It's not that hard to disagree and not be a c@*t.

To all those that don't care that's fine I don't mind it was just a suggestion I didn't think it would be that hard as we already self police fairly well in terms of new members just using buy sell or people asking stupid prices.

Cheers posts like yours helping out members with better deals are kind of what I was aiming to protect with the idea not restrict the other members that have taken this as a personal attack on there rights.

Anyway I'm back out on this thread again unless it calms to a semi reasonable discussion.
    7mmwsm and Moa Hunter like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkN View Post
    It is interesting that a significant portion of the posters in this thread think that scalping is a fair practice. As mentioned earlier, Buyer Beware.

I've bought some boots once, through this board and I was satisfied that the seller was genuine, and the price good.

Now I've seen, how many think, it's OK to scalp, I will not buy from or through this board again.

(Excepting the one seller who's demonstrated value and honesty)

There's a reason that Trademe vets it's members so thoroughly.

I might be getting old and stupid, hankering for the days when men had honour, and women were glad of it, but I've never seen so many folk. that think a little, or a lot, of dishonesty is a virtue.

Have at it.
    @MarkN I have read through the posts a second time. I do not think anyone truely agrees with scalping being acceptable or fair practise. I certainly do not think scalping is acceptable. My opinion to disagree with a ban are for practicality reasons- I dont see much if any scalping on here. So addressing it with a ban would be like Labour banning the use of full auto rifles....

In all honesty, if we saw an increase in scalping on here, I suspect the entire buy / sell would disappear rather than have the Mods select what is fair and not......
    Danny and Micky Duck like this.
    Intelligence has its limits, but it appears that Stupidity knows no bounds......

Banned
    I thought scalping was buying up supply with the knowledge that a shortage would be created / coming, that the scalper could take advantage of.
    Buying here with the intension of re-selling with an excessive margin, whilst distasteful and not something I admire is still nothing compared to the outright dishonest activities we see from businesses everyday. Supermarkets, clothing retailers, car parts dealers all guilty of excessive margins. Even some tradespeople go to a supplier, drive to a customer fit the parts and add 100%. Put them all in prison !!
    doinit and trapperjohn like this.

100 rounds of factory 270 just sold on here at VERY cheap price.......pretty typical sale if you ask me.... most rifles or shotguns are at a fair market price if not BELOW ,anyone care to take bet how long any lower tier leupold scope lasts up for sale??? 10minutes seems to be the most as of late..... people arent stupid and wont allow them selves to be ripped off.
    99% of forum members are decent folks...and the other 1% go onto ignore list so you dont see their for sale stuff anyway.....

Quote Originally Posted by BRADS View Post

That's just fucking rude
    timattalon likes this.
    Identify your target beyond all doubt