Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Toby

Thread: Barrel Blank purchase ???

Barrel Blank purchase ???

Hi All - I live in the UK & the wife is going to visit NZ in December.
    I want her to buy an unchambered True -Flyte barrel for my 223 whilst she is there & bring it back here so I can get it chambered & fitted to my M55 Tikka by one of the excellent riflesmiths we have here in Scotland.
    Questions - 1. Where is the best place to buy one there? -- At True-Flyte - or via a distributor there? ---- Contact details would be nice please.
    2. Am I right in thinking that there are no restrictions to her buying one for me & then bringing it in her baggage when she returns to UK. -- I do assume that she will need to declare it for import duty etc at this end -- Do you have VAT or similar there & can it be reclaimed when exporting things?

Regards Ian

I assume you mean true flite? Best to get in contact with them direct about all this imo

True Flite - Rifle Barrels and Shooting Accessories in New Zealand
    veitnamcam likes this.
    VIVA LA HOWA

They have two distributing agents in UK you know that? List and information of Worldwide Agents - True Flite Rifle Barrels and Shooting Accessories
    Also Pr Peter Burbridge has moved from Scotland ,he can still do the rifle work for you and import the barrel.
    Also I m not sure if your wife can legally acquire one here with out a licence.

Good luck

Thanks for the info chaps. I'll talk to the manufacturer & see what they say.
    I know there are distributors here in the UK but am hoping to keep costs down -- Buying anything imported by a distributor doubles the cost of bringing kit back personally. Plus I already have top line gunsmiths that I use here.

Ian

Yorric What was the out come of this?

Im intersted in doing the same.

Cheers
    Frank

I would think , your wife would need a UK import permit for the barrel BEFORE she arrives back in the UK with a barrel , so I would double check the requirements your end , as they change all the time , also I would look into someone in NZ order or buy the barrel ASAP , to avoid NOT having the twist or profile you want , ie IT may not be sitting on the self .
    It would also pay to look into IF the airline will carry IT , & also what countries she will transet THRU , as I had stuff that Cathy Pacific wanted money & permits for China as it would transet thru Hong Kong , and have had stuff stopped in transet in Aussie on its way here ( NZ ) .
    You may have NO hassles , but you could have a lot , and as time goes on , its just getting worse for law abiding people .