Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Can’t upload photo

northdude
    Hi I'm a self entitled snowflake how dare this free forum not be working I demand it be fixed right now
    oraki, dannyb and Ftx325 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Henry View Post
    Get a room you two, and let them get it fixed uninterrupted
    "Who'se saying that stuff?" ............. Why should we trust this voice anyway?" https://tinyurl.com/tkvqaz8

MSL

What’s the problem?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    dannyb likes this.

Dunno how ya managed that @MSL I still can't upload pics.
    I just get an error message saying upload failed
    #DANNYCENT

Quote Originally Posted by dannyb View Post
    Dunno how ya managed that @MSL I still can't upload pics.
    I just get an error message saying upload failed
    Maybe via his phone - ah Yes - sent via his Apple Iphone !!!
    I just tried again and not working
    Never tried phone - but will try
    As I said above Wife's Apple had no issues when all my sending=pasting places did not work 2 nights ago

Quote Originally Posted by Sarvo View Post
    Maybe via his phone - ah Yes - sent via his Apple Iphone !!!
    I just tried again and not working
    Never tried phone - but will try
    As I said above Wife's Apple had no issues when all my sending=pasting places did not work 2 nights ago
    None of my android devices will upload pics here, work fine every where else just this forum wont.
    #DANNYCENT

Quote Originally Posted by dannyb View Post
    None of my android devices will upload pics here, work fine every where else just this forum wont.
    Same here... Android phone ... upload failed message still today.
    born to hunt - forced to work

I use a desk top PC and the system wont talk to that either.

This has been a problem for ages.

I first noticed that I could no longer embed a photo in a post from my Windows 10 PC about two months ago. Nothing would happen at all, no error message, nothing. It hasn’t worked since. But I could get it to work if I uploaded as an attachment.

Then I started picking up intermittent problems trying to upload a photo to a post on the wife’s MacBook. But it was random.

During this period of time the iPad which I normally use has been fine. Until I got back 2 days ago and now nothing works.

The post editing and previewing functions have never worked properly for as long as I’ve been around anyway. Just recently the input box for a new post has been misbehaving big time, especially on the iPad. Like it is right now as I type this.

It’s a dilemma for the admins as in my humble opinion the whole site badly needs an upgrade. The latest forum software platforms are light years ahead of this one, which is buggy as. But I recognise that’s a cost and that’s unlikely to be an easy win.

The bugginess I’ve learnt to live with but I think we would all like to be able to get our photos to work again, so good luck Admins.
    Tommy and dannyb like this.
    Just...say...the...word

Mines works via Tapatalk n iPhone. Usually fails once then I get it second time.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyblown View Post
    This has been a problem for ages.

I first noticed that I could no longer embed a photo in a post from my Windows 10 PC about two months ago. Nothing would happen at all, no error message, nothing. It hasn’t worked since. But I could get it to work if I uploaded as an attachment.

Then I started picking up intermittent problems trying to upload a photo to a post on the wife’s MacBook. But it was random.

During this period of time the iPad which I normally use has been fine. Until I got back 2 days ago and now nothing works.

The post editing and previewing functions have never worked properly for as long as I’ve been around anyway. Just recently the input box for a new post has been misbehaving big time, especially on the iPad. Like it is right now as I type this.

It’s a dilemma for the admins as in my humble opinion the whole site badly needs an upgrade. The latest forum software platforms are light years ahead of this one, which is buggy as. But I recognise that’s a cost and that’s unlikely to be an easy win.

The bugginess I’ve learnt to live with but I think we would all like to be able to get our photos to work again, so good luck Admins.
    Do users need to chuck some cash in to help pay for a upgrade....? I’m happy to do so. Hell, I helped colflo when then going was rough. This site is important for firearms users and enthusiasts I believe....in spite of the bullshit that happens at times....

Steve123, Fawls and dannyb like this.

Quote Originally Posted by tiroahunta View Post
    Do users need to chuck some cash in to help pay for a upgrade....? I’m happy to do so. Hell, I helped colflo when then going was rough. This site is important for firearms users and enthusiasts I believe....in spite of the bullshit that happens at times....
    me too- I can PayPal something, donators could be 'forum sponsors' or similar

Yep not working on laptop, tried several ways and even downsized the picture but no luck.

Still not working for me either. Have tried a few different tricks on my phone and MacBook and no deal. Might have to investigate an alternate photo hosting website although I used that for the previous forum which was fine until that certain website decided it would charge people and subsequently all photos were lost and good threads ruined.

One of the mods has stated elsewhere that they have some new hardware or software going in this weekend. Keep ya fingers crossed