Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree113Likes

Thread: Extirpation (removal) of 'sold, dead or no activity) threads

Keep all the old stuff, even the for sales, its a great resource !
    Who cares about repeat threads, new members join and sometimes searching is slow, or we are to impatient and just want a new answer... also things change... some people like imparting knowledge onto others, no matter how many times you do it, its great!

Quote Originally Posted by grunzter View Post
    ... also things change
    That's another thing, it's interesting too look back at your own writing and see which opinions and thoughts have stood the test of time, and which have changed. It's surprising.
    gadgetman, Beaker and grunzter like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pointer View Post
    That's another thing, it's interesting too look back at your own writing and see which opinions and thoughts have stood the test of time, and which have changed. It's surprising.
    Yeah nah, I'd rather not re read my rubbish You educated folk are different however

northdude
    Just keep them its all information that can be re read sometimes what you are looking for doesn't seem to come up in search's so you just ask again

If your not fast your last Shootm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WallyR View Post
    Hi guys (Admins)
    Only been on the overall forum for a few months.
    Love it, but keep finding threads (on various forums), that haven't had any activity for months - sometimes years.
    Then some weeks/months later, the same item/subject crops up again as a 'new' thread with a slightly different title.
    I'm under the impression (possibly false), that Administrators are 'supposed' to keep threads as current and up to date as their time allows.
    Some forums have over 1K of threads going back 2-3 years.
    Seems to be a waste of 'processor' space - and memory, to have non-active threads hogging memory.
    Elsewhere, Admin. means 'control and keeping up to date'.
    Just my 2c worth.
    All I have seen in the majority of your posts are "If I had the money I would buy that" after 400 odd posts it wears a bit thin.

Frankly I like the forum as is.
    Just my 2c worth.
    Kiwi Greg, BRADS, 308 and 4 others like this.

I Have Sexdaily. I mean Dyslexia! Fcuk!

Having old threads with a good search tool (ie not limited to 20 results) is one of the better things about this forum.
    7mmsaum and Shootm like this.
    Welcome to Sako club.

+1 keep the forum as it is.

Caretaker
    Quote Originally Posted by Tussock View Post
    You guys are not opinionated enough. I look back at my old posts and I don't agree with any of it! Well, some holds true but who knows who that old Tussock was. Funny to see people change with time.

There is some treasure in the back end of this forum. I always thought rounding up our best stories and publishing them as a Christmas hunting book would be cool.

There are some eye watering funny stories back there.

So to summarize, its more likely we will publish our old threads than delete them.
    It will be a good read once time compiled - how many personalities are tucked away in there Tussock
    A big fast bullet beats a little fast bullet every time

That's a bloody strange idea, the forum would only be half as useful if you deleted the old threads, why the hell would you want to do that. Its a goldmine of useful info

Quote Originally Posted by Tussock View Post
    Literally none.

Least personable person you never met.

Makes little sense though, old idea.

res
    I wonder if @WallyR had this thought due to how he was looking at the forum?

Personally unless I'm looking for something I just look at new posts since my last visit so all the problems he is trying to fix don't exist. Of course this only works if your on the forum regularly.
    veitnamcam and BRADS like this.
    Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Shootm View Post
    All I have seen in the majority of your posts are "If I had the money I would buy that" after 400 odd posts it wears a bit thin.

Frankly I like the forum as is.
    Just my 2c worth.
    Coming off AUD180K/year to the 'massive' pension gives me the opportunity to remind sellers/observers/commentators, that their gear makes me , but 'insufficient funds' crops up far too often, on the bank statement.
    Therefore the statement made @308, is correct.
    My strange sense of saying 'good luck with your sale'.
    Perhaps I should be more 'direct' and say to posters (in Buy, Sell, Swap) - when you gear is sold to some lucky buyer, get your f##king post off the forum.

Part of the charm of this forum is that the administrators keep out of it. It self regulates. If it aint broke, don't fix it.

Anyway. Gimp is far too busy working on his Cruiser and Tussock...well, is Tussock. Bless him.
    Spanners is low profile nowadays, but not to be pissed around with.

I don't know who the others are. Their anonymity is a good sign.

They all do good.
    Last edited by Tahr; 08-08-2016 at 03:25 PM.
    Wildman, Pointer and Cyclops like this.

res
    One would hope that if you had been earning $180k that retirement would be more comfortable than just the pension!
    Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by res View Post
    One would hope that if you had been earning $180k that retirement would be more comfortable than just the pension!
    Certainly is comfortable @res - still learning how to make $292/week keep us in the style that we were used to. 😞

Quote Originally Posted by WallyR View Post
    Coming off AUD180K/year to the 'massive' pension gives me the opportunity to remind sellers/observers/commentators, that their gear makes me , but 'insufficient funds' crops up far too often, on the bank statement.
    Therefore the statement made @308, is correct.
    My strange sense of saying 'good luck with your sale'.
    Perhaps I should be more 'direct' and say to posters (in Buy, Sell, Swap) - when you gear is sold to some lucky buyer, get your f##king post off the forum.
    It's easier if you have no intention of buying not to comment on for sale threads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk