Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: Forum rules

Moderator = nana in a skirt
    Caretaker = nana in long pants
    Call yourself whatever you want, it still boils down to the same thing.
    Which is worse, ignorance or apathy...I don't know and don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Spook View Post
    Moderator = nana in a skirt
    Caretaker = nana in long pants
    Call yourself whatever you want, it still boils down to the same thing.
    Practically every forum on the planet has some form of moderators, because people aren't mature enough to moderate themselves.

We're just trying to buck the trend. Mudgripz nailed it.

This forum is a society. A useful and sustainable society has never existed without rules.
    To think that this forum can survive without rules or a code that are enforceable and at times punitive is altruistic at best, and naive or self serving at the worst.

I hate rules, but I fear the consequences on this little society without them.
    gimp, sneeze, Spook and 4 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tussock View Post
    Someone just described Gav as a Nana
    What are his scones like?
    "You'll never find a rainbow if you're looking down" Charlie Chaplin

Quote Originally Posted by graybeard View Post
    I agree with every word here.
    I joined up fairly early, posted a few times but got sick of the childish "Look at me, I'm a hunter, I can fart and swear and nobody can stop me. Nana, nana, nah, nah!." attitude.
    Now I just come in and look to see if things have changed but they haven't so I don't bother logging in.
    While I agree with your sentiment, It's not that bad here. You seem a little hung up on it. Stay a while, I'm sure you'll be fine

I make great scones according to my kids

I do nothing like a nana that I know of
    Name:  4597466938_04a8344d32.jpg
Views: 343
Size:  28.5 KB
    If its guns, tits or tyres it's going to cost you lots of money

Nice . Date scones?

Apparently the 2 biggest cunts on here lol Philipo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by crzyman View Post
    I make great scones according to my kids

I do nothing like a nana that I know of
    Attachment 1213
    Does'nt the smoke normally come out the front of those poxy Holdens
    Spanners, jakewire and veitnamcam like this.
    Shoot it, root it & then BBQ it !!!

Quote Originally Posted by sneeze View Post
    Nice . Date scones?
    Cheese scones are my thing

Quote Originally Posted by Philipo View Post
    Does'nt the smoke normally come out the front of those poxy Holdens
    I think your thinking about a ford

Look closely - the smoke aint coming off the tyres

he's having a quick hotbox session before nipping down KFC
    tui_man2 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by crzyman View Post
    Cheese scones are my thing
    Thats disapointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Practically every forum on the planet has some form of moderators, because people aren't mature enough to moderate themselves.

We're just trying to buck the trend. Mudgripz nailed it.
    That is a very true statement everyone's perception of acceptable and unacceptable content is different so therefore it is difficult to self moderate and this is where the brain needs to be put into gear and think about stuff before you say/type it I know I have to think about what I say alot so I am not misunderstood or inadvertently causing people to be offended or getting myself in to trouble by what I say. It is good to have moderators that police the content on the forum they are responsible for as it keeps everything above board and there is nothing wrong with getting a bit of an oi if you step over the boundaries.If we had no rules then all kinds of debauchery could break out and that would not be a good look for the forum. It is also good that the people who run this forum do not get too carried away with their position unlike some other places I have seen where some of the mods let it go to their heads, I know I have not been here long enough to see the powers that be in action but what I have seen so far actually makes me want to read the threads on this site.

The BEST system of moderation I have seen took all of the unpleasantness out of the situation by having a very depersonalized system

The offending post is replaced entirely by a message that reads something like: This post has contravened forum guidelines and has been removed, link to forum guidelines

Takes any stress out of it. nothing makes the blood boil like a mod (wherami ) editing posts or putting his own dipshit opinions in there, or having your picture replaced by some other random smart assed crap. Better it just goes away and you can find out why (and cool down at the same time)
    Dundee likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tussock View Post
    This forum has rules. All we are trying to do is avoid it turning into a police state. I live in one of those presently. Not a nice society to be a part of.

The old forum was a harmonious place for a long time. No one on their knew the first thing about forums. It was the first time most people had been on one. At that stage, people cared a lot about the sense of community. It was unmoderated, but at that time, the members themselves would step in and say "hey, chill out" or "pull your head in". People respected one another and the forum its self and it ran beautifully.

Then moderators were introduced. Chosen not from respected members, but from the likes of BB who just wanted to police a forum for a hobby. It created an "us and them" atmosphere, and took away the sense of ownership the members had.

That should not be underestimated. Members are not posting on someone elses forum here. They are posting on their own forum. Its owned by the members here.

Forums run a certain way. Everyone has an idea about how a forum is supposed to work. Mods, rules etc etc. Anyone ever been on a forum that did not have the same issues, the same squabbles etc etc? Clearly, that matching mold does not work.

What will work is cultivating that sense of community and ownership. Your shitting in your own nest if you make a mess round here. This forum is not owned by some business that sells goo out of a cow. Its owned by its members.

I actually quit the other forums mod department when I suggested something be done about the people that niggle constantly but never break any rules, thus causing bulk discontent, ruining the forums atmosphere and never getting pulled up on it. The reply. "we just need to sit back and moderate with an iron fist". I quit right then.

Rules are great, but we dont need a little army of wannabe parking wardens giving people slaps on the wrist with wet buss tickets. We need members to take responsibility for their own forum and create a positive culture where members respect each other, and their opinions. Moderation never works. What works is the members being conscious of the culture of their own forum.
    You got it in one there Tussock, the good thing here is mods have knowledge and experience with hunting and shooting, when you see a mod running around asking why do you stick a pig with a knife etc it makes you wonder what the hell that person is doing helping run a hunting and fishing forum in the first place, that was the thing with the other place it got too big for itself mods went overboard then it became a channel for political purposes which is something that should never have happened.