Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By winchesterM69A

Thread: Question around a Stirling 22lr and parts

Question around a Stirling 22lr and parts

Hi there

I have been looking at getting a cheap stirling 22lr bolt action to go rabbit-shooting my little cousin. I just wanted something real cheap, nothing special, just to teach him how to properly use a rifle safely etc. Just a learning gun. I may have one lined up with a friend but it's missing magazine. However, I have had real trouble trying to find a missing mag. Apparently, a Stirling 22LR M11 Magazine would fit it, however, I am not too sure where to find these.

Does anyone know where I should look or does anyone have something at home that may work.

Thank you

If your looking for something to learn with a basic old s/h single shot 22lr would do, no mag to loose and can get them cheap, have you checked tm someones selling stirling parts atm

Yeah very true. I might just get it even though it doesn't have a mag and teach the young fella how to shoot by single shot. I have checked trade me, nothing has popped up. Ill keep looking. Thank you

Local gun shop might have something sitting on the shelf. Unless you put a block in it a mag fed rifle can be a bit fidley to load so be careful what the muzzle is doing while trying to load it. Tried gun city for a mag?

Banned
    Buy a single shot - theres lots of them and they are usually cheap. For training purposes a single shot is the safest and teaches accuracy as well as safe handling.

I bet Dave at Magnum Sports in Stratford will have something that would suit.
    blip and Windycoast like this.

People buy complete rifles to get the mags these days. A local gun shop wanted $150 the last time I saw one in store.

When you say put a block in it what do you mean by that sorry? Is that a piece that fills up the mag area and makes it easier to load. I haven't rung them yet, going to try gun city tomorrow

Holy smokes, really. Gee that just isn't worth it for this gun

Quote Originally Posted by Windycoast View Post
    When you say put a block in it what do you mean by that sorry? Is that a piece that fills up the mag area and makes it easier to load. I haven't rung them yet, going to try gun city tomorrow
    yep. that vtp guy might be able to do something

Quote Originally Posted by blip View Post
    yep. that vtp guy might be able to do something
    Oh great, I just looked him up, and it looks like I might be able to arrange something with him. Thanks for that