Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree8Likes
  • 4 Post By Trout
  • 1 Post By Mathias
  • 3 Post By Barry the hunter

Thread: Value please: Sako Vixen

Value please: Sako Vixen

Hi all,
    After rough market value for my late model sako vixen action (A1 bolt shroud model), i’ll be selling to a mate but he wont pay mates rates and i don’t want to rip him off but we are a bit stumped on the value. Will post some photos when i get a moment but action is in excellent condition, ceracoated ans works flawlessly as they do.
    i know, i know but the sako nuts will tell me ill regret it but its going to a good mate and i’m on the hunt for a Sako A1 or S491 in 6ppc to turn into a 6ARC so replacing like for like essentially.
    Any help appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3/4 the price of a new tikka??? as you say always hard to judge..there has bee na couple of beauties forsale that just havent sold as of late.
    75/15/10 black powder matters

Quote Originally Posted by Dbol View Post
    Hi all,
    After rough market value for my late model sako vixen action (A1 bolt shroud model), i’ll be selling to a mate but he wont pay mates rates and i don’t want to rip him off but we are a bit stumped on the value. Will post some photos when i get a moment but action is in excellent condition, ceracoated ans works flawlessly as they do.
    i know, i know but the sako nuts will tell me ill regret it but its going to a good mate and i’m on the hunt for a Sako A1 or S491 in 6ppc to turn into a 6ARC so replacing like for like essentially.
    Any help appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Whatever a Howa Mini 6 ARC costs to buy new.

Better doing a 1:1 vs. having a squabble over cash with a mate.

Let your mate pay what he likes,he s happy,you happy.Continue hunting together,its only money.Friends are priceless.
    7mmsaum, Micky Duck, Bos and 1 others like this.

Canterbury, home of the big Rakaia Red Stag
    To get an A1 or S491 PPC repeater with standard weight Hunter barrel will be a rare find, they do exist but usually in the hands of Sako nuts that won't part easily. The odd Target / Varmint model pops up for sale at a healthy price.
    7mmwsm likes this.

yeah photos please---caliber ?? ceracoated what parts ?? all the action incl bolt ?? - lot more info and can likely get close to value - the real value in a vixen is totally original and mint fetch good prices provided they have nice wood - the sights are still on it etc -but lets see what this is
    7mmwsm, Marty Henry and dannyb like this.

Priceless!

My son n laws father has a 222 vixon from new.Buitifull timber stock,24in barrel.its deadly accurate,hasnt had a lot of ammo thru it.4k wouldnt buy it.

thats a bit on the high side $4k but could well be possible for a totally mint example with all its sights intact and would need to have figured walnut not a plain walnut - usually a mint one around $3- to $3.5k - in this case surprisingly the cerakote will not have added value indeed the opposite - what would be worth well over $4k is a rare vixen deluxe - one very rarely sees them come onto market

Bos
    I would think that a Vixen in "good" condition for its age would be worth $1800 - $2200
    Worse nick then less
    New cond, as in brand new, probably more. That seems to be about the range they sell in

yeah in average condition $2-2.5k so many are missing sights - real mint over $3k