Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: What courier or transport company will cart a rifle in nz ?

I’ve just had one delivered through mainfrieght, had to pick it up from their yard there was ammo as well

Oopzeeland Freight in Chch do it aswell as $70 notes

Quote Originally Posted by LJPRMC View Post
    Yep , I thought that too. But "Customs " dont actually hold anything . All the international recievers including NZ post , DHL, Toll etc are actaully agents of "customs" . MY rifle would arrive in NZ ( probably via UPS service ) from the states . Then it would ( I guess ) be handed off to NZ post as just another international parcel landed in NZ . NZ post will inform customs , and customs would then do their thing via NZ post . Then one of them would say the parcel was here , and import duty was X . SO , I pay one of them the duty and Then the rifle would just sit there because NZ post wont deliver it .
    So, what I dont know is . Will one of them say thanks for the money , drive up to Auckland , go to airport , knock on shed 32 door and ask nicely , or what ?
    Your rifle will be taken off the plane and sent to the Auckland International Mail Centre, 9 Laurence Stevens Drive, Māngere, Auckland 2022 - about a two minute drive from the Airport. Pay the Duty/GST, send them your Permits and go pick it up from there. You can also authorise someone else to uplift on your behalf, who can then take to a Dealer to ship to your local Dealer but you'll need to have an S43a form.
    In longrange riflery, trajectory is the pure science part. Gravity is a constant for our purposes.
    Wind is in the art department.
    Light is pure fucking voodoo.

DHL courier shouldn't hand it off to nz post unless they dont have drivers in your area, we get lots of things from them and they handle everything
    Konus binoculars " The power to imagine"

Big_Les
    NOw that is exactly what I am after . An address to go too, and a name of the "business" as well . All of that info now closes the loop .
    thanks very much
    les