Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Terminator

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: What happened to the gun registration thread I started?

What happened to the gun registration thread I started?

What happened to the gun registration thread I started yesterday? Was it getting to heated? I thought it was just getting good and it appears to have been deleted.

Politics. One of the very few no nos.
    "You'll never find a rainbow if you're looking down" Charlie Chaplin

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by sneeze View Post
    Politics. One of the very few no nos.
    +1 just got too political/heated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. So please forgive my sausage fingers!!!
    Last edited by R93; 20-07-2012 at 09:51 PM.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Caretaker - Gone But Not Forgotten jakewire's Avatar
    I'm not sure if that thread was political, more general than political.
    If fact three of us off this forum went shooting today and this very topic was bought up on the drive in and on the drive back, so it is obviouisly important to some of us.
    Definately it was in the wrong section, however, even though I pulled out of the topic after having my say I think gun registration and the discussion of it is not contrary to what this forum is about.
    I may be out voted on this but this is a forum and that is my opinion.

Yeah sorry if I put it in the wrong place. Never crossed my mind that it would be stretching the rules.

Did you get any answers to your question?

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    +1 just got too political/heated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. So please forgive my sausage fingers!!!
    My Hoge vs Synthetic seems to have gone that way too *sigh*
    She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

Quote Originally Posted by Dougie View Post
    My Hoge vs Synthetic seems to have gone that way too *sigh*

This one ???

http://www.nzhuntingandshooting.co.n...c-stocks-2267/

No doubt there will be a bit more fuel to that fire too..

Batman Shooting 14 Killed at Colorado Dark Knight... | Stuff.co.nz
    She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Savage1 the discussion and debate that you sparked when you posed the question regarding gun registration was extremely interesting and I said as much before the thread was discontinued. Clearly there were diametrically opposed opinions being expressed and some stated their view quite passionately however the subject matter was one that we all have a vested interest in and one that in my opinion had a great deal of merit and deserved to see the discussion continue. Personally I was disappointed to not be able to continue reading from where I left off last night. I applaud you for initiating the most interesting, provocative and engaging thread that there has been on this forum in my short time here. I respect the need for someone to make judgement calls as to forum content but think your thread did not merit censure.
    Savage1 likes this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

The founders of the forum laid down very few rules ,very wisely in my opinion, no politics or religion is one. The problem being that while started and contributed to with the best of intentions threads on these topics if left to follow their natural path will far often end in a shit fight. Most will have seen it on other forums. Putting a name on the rule is the easy part, finding the spot in the sand to draw the line maybe not so.
    DAF, Spanners, Pointer and 1 others like this.

I understand this forum has rules and while they are in place I'll do my very best to respect them.
    But.... I have plenty of mates who hunt and shoot and sometimes we discuss politically themed topics, and sometimes we don't agree, and occasionally we disagree strongly. However because we are emotionally mature adults we can handle that. A subject such as asset sales probably doesn't need to be discussed on this forum, but something specific to firearms? I would have thought this would be the best place for it. It's relevant to all of us.
    I would be happy to see a political section added but I won't hold my breath for it. And also I've seen people on here throw their toys and leave on threads that weren't remotely political.
    But I don't make the rules and like I said I'll follow them.
    Rich007 likes this.

Impure Lead Flinger
    Look this place is no politics and thats great it keeps alotta bullshit out... If u wanna talk it then txt or pm....
    You started it and now your whinging.....

I just wana shoot an talk shit.......
    dogmatix and Smiddy like this.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by sneeze View Post
    The founders of the forum laid down very few rules ,very wisely in my opinion, no politics or religion is one. The problem being that while started and contributed to with the best of intentions threads on these topics if left to follow their natural path will far often end in a shit fight. Most will have seen it on other forums. Putting a name on the rule is the easy part, finding the spot in the sand to draw the line maybe not so.
    I acknowledge and respect that the prerogative was always the with the gate keepers and do not doubt that the decision to take the thread down was made with the best interests of the forum in mind. My disappointment has already dissipatped.
    sneeze likes this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Quote Originally Posted by eltoro View Post
    I understand this forum has rules and while they are in place I'll do my very best to respect them.
    But.... I have plenty of mates who hunt and shoot and sometimes we discuss politically themed topics, and sometimes we don't agree, and occasionally we disagree strongly. However because we are emotionally mature adults we can handle that. A subject such as asset sales probably doesn't need to be discussed on this forum, but something specific to firearms? I would have thought this would be the best place for it. It's relevant to all of us.
    I would be happy to see a political section added but I won't hold my breath for it. And also I've seen people on here throw their toys and leave on threads that weren't remotely political.
    But I don't make the rules and like I said I'll follow them.
    Yes I'm sure you and your mates being emotionally mature adults could agree to disagree but we cant restrict membership here based on levels of emotional maturity as inviting as that sounds.You are free to discuss it adnausem just not here.
    Yes people will disagree and throw toys over all and any topic because we cant restrict membership(see above)... but threads involving politics and religion are over represented in the toy throwing department so by removing just two topics that generally never reach any conclusion or offer much in terms of learning the toy throwing can hopefully be kept to a minimum and we cant ban all topics completely now can we.
    Not holding your breath while waiting for a political section will be good for your life span.
    dogmatix likes this.