Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator DPT

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: What happened to the gun registration thread I started?

It is interesting how quick people were to defend their right to use bad language and tell dirty jokes and yet this thread is removed which in my opinion is only marginally political??? I understand that there needs to be a line in the sand, but perhaps 'political' topics that solely relate to our sport (Lets face it gun control is one of our biggest threats) should be discussed????
    If my work annoys me, I cull them

Caretaker - Gone But Not Forgotten jakewire's Avatar
    Just to claify.
    I to have no problem with the no politics, no religion rule. I also understand, as has been well said above in another post, that somebody must draw the line somewhere, in this case I guess the topic was withdrawn by one of the administrators when he decided that it had gone on long enough and was in danger of descending into a fight.
    That is what administrators do and in this case it was done.

I have had my say about it, I will accept the decision made and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich007 View Post
    It is interesting how quick people were to defend their right to use bad language and tell dirty jokes and yet this thread is removed which in my opinion is only marginally political??? I understand that there needs to be a line in the sand, but perhaps 'political' topics that solely relate to our sport (Lets face it gun control is one of our biggest threats) should be discussed????
    Bad language wasnt a founding rule. Yes when it comes to politics the line in the sand is not easy to draw and we will never please everyone. we will just do our best.
    7mmsaum and eltoro like this.
    "You'll never find a rainbow if you're looking down" Charlie Chaplin

Quote Originally Posted by jakewire View Post
    Just to claify.
    I to have no problem with the no politics, no religion rule. I also understand, as has been well said above in another post, that somebody must draw the line somewhere, in this case I guess the topic was withdrawn by one of the administrators when he decided that it had gone on long enough and was in danger of descending into a fight.
    That is what administrators do and in this case it was done.

I have had my say about it, I will accept the decision made and move on.
    Thank you. Even without an emotional maturity filter we do have mostly emotionally mature members.
    eltoro likes this.

Kiwishooter
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich007 View Post
    Is gun control political?? from what I read of the thread there was no National, Labour, Greens or any other political party politics mentioned............so I don't even think it was marginally political in the discussion.

Was it going to turn into a s..t fight as somebady said.........well I saw the majority of posts disagreeing with firearms registration for various reasons and one person saying that firearms registration would be a good thing cost less than other people said bring advantages (ie less crime, ability to trace stolen firearms etc) and also registration worked in other countries.

I think my post may have been the last post and may have been why the thread was removed (my apologies to everyone if it was) but all I did was post some facts and ask some questions which required proof...........after all if you are going to have a discussion then you need to discuss facts, and have the statistics to support your facts, not guesswork and beliefs.

It's been pointed out that everyone here was pro swearing, derogitory remarks, dirty jokes etc and because we are adults swearing and derogitary remarks and dirty jokes are every day events which is why everyone here defends this behaviour on this forum.........yet we are deprived and dictated to regarding discussing something that affects every law abiding citizen (afterall laws only affect the law abiding) who wishes to own a firearm and every future potential owner.

At the end of the day it doesn't worry me that we can't discuss firearms registration here, but I have to wonder was the moderator that removed the thread pro firearms registration or is this board pro firearms registration..........I've seen several threads that could turn into s..t fights yet they arent removed.

Quote Originally Posted by sneeze View Post
    Thank you. Even without an emotional maturity filter we do have mostly emotionally mature members.
    Do we??????? If we did there wouldn't be any need for censorship and there wouldn't be any s..t fights.........think about that
    Last edited by Kiwishooter; 21-07-2012 at 03:28 PM.
    Savage1 likes this.

Personally I did not think it breached any of the rules, it was not political at all. I am just worried that a moderator pulled it because they disagreed with it like just about everyone else.

KIWISHOOTER, could you chuck your last post on here or PM it to me, I'm just curious to see what you had to say.

Well the owners of this forum are quite entitled to run it how they see fit.

To me the no politics rule is pretty much head in the sand stuff. When there are political issues that threaten the current laws we all seem to be relatively happy to live with, will this be a group of people who will stand up & fight for what they believe in? Will they discuss the pros & cons of these issues, formulate strategies & work together? Or will they say no politics here?

Fortunately there are other forums available to discuss these important issues & it's up to everyone to make those decisions as to what's really important to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiker View Post
    Well the owners of this forum are quite entitled to run it how they see fit.
    Exactly. And Sneeze is quite right when he says you can't filter out the people who aren't able to control their shit during a lively debate.
    Dead is better likes this.

Official Cheese Shaman Spanners's Avatar
    It's got nothing to do with agreeing or not with it. Politicians make the rules in question and thus is politics.

As said above somewhere you can do pretty much whatever you want here, apart from politics and religion.
    That's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwishooter View Post

Do we??????? If we did there wouldn't be any need for censorship and there wouldn't be any s..t fights.........think about that
    Perhaps you should think about the definition of "mostly" and then give some consideration to how many immature members it takes to start a shit fight. Just about every other forum has a politics section where you can grind away till your hearts content . This one doesn't.

So what you are saying is that we cannot discuss any of the firearms laws? Storage of firearms? Licencing? E-cat changes approaching? After all that is all "Politics" according to your definition.

Kiwishooter
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanners View Post
    It's got nothing to do with agreeing or not with it. Politicians make the rules in question and thus is politics.

As said above somewhere you can do pretty much whatever you want here, apart from politics and religion.
    That's about it.
    Spanners taking what you say literally Politicians make the laws regarding everything in NZ, including the privelidge to hunt so does that make every subject political??

You can take it as it was intended or you can bend it either way you want

Poxy ph cut me off
    The intention is clear - why make a big deal out of it all?

Kiwishooter
    Spanners this is what amuses me about what you said..........if gun registration is political and can't be discussed........how can you tell what can be discussed as everything from being able to puy a pint at the pub to heard management to what is required to store a firearm in is political.........by not only your definition but also a few others definition the subject of firearm registration is political because it's controlled by politicians.

If that is the definition of political then someone needs to write a list of what is political, religeous and can't be discussed and what can...........because with that definition noting is clear anymore.

BTW did you get your package I sent?