Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: Auckland Shooting Range Shooting

Just received an email, saying opening delayed......

And a request for payment.....

B

MSL
    Payment for what? A fantasy?
    Tommy and dannyb like this.

Same here. Payment for membership on receipt of invoice is required in 7 days.
    I'm not paying jack until I see some facilities up and running.
    Tommy, Steve123, duckdog and 1 others like this.
    Welcome to Sako club.

Quote Originally Posted by dogmatix View Post
    Same here. Payment for membership on receipt of invoice is required in 7 days.
    I'm not paying jack until I see some facilities up and running.
    The CC option available next week ( ! ) will give some recourse should there be a problem.

B

Quote Originally Posted by North guy View Post
    Come North and join the Northland Black Powder club, it's $20 a YEAR and you can shoot any day of the week as long as you like as often as you like out to 200m.
    The odd Sunday is booked by us and the deer stalkers but you can still shoot after the club day.
    We have a Military aggregate shoot on this Sunday if anyone feels like a drive
    I will never forget my one and only visit. This included a black powder cannon and mortar firing pet food cans full of cement! A great day but a bit of a drive for me!

Exspensive shooting ?

Quote Originally Posted by video hunter View Post
    Exspensive shooting ?
    Refer posts #26 and 28 of this thread....

B
    04sika likes this.

I had a chat with one of the people now involved with this range - I won't say much as it isn't my place... but I would advise be patient as it takes time, effort, work, funds, and a whole lot of support to get a a new range off the ground and they have plans for an awesome facility. I hope this endeavour gets the support it needs to make the dream a reality.

Yes, communication needs to improve after a rough start and I expect it will very soon. Keep the faith!

Of course I also agree with this statement
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermastor View Post
    I sure wont be handing over any money until I can see signs of a plan and time lines.
    shift14, Steve123 and duckdog like this.
    You cannot miss fast enough!
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GPREventsNZ
    Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/sgil045

I'm really hoping they succeed too.
    Welcome to Sako club.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I work it out to be $30.00 per week. $525.00 for the cheap sub, which I agree, works out to be $10.00 per week,+ a further $20.00 booking/ range fee, which makes it $30.00 and that's if you catch the special or else it will cost $32.60 per week to shoot.
    Total cost $1565.00 per year, if you catch the opening special, other wise $5.00 off $1700.00.
    Don't get me wrong its probably a fair price, you just got my attention at $10.00 a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong, but I work it out to be $30.00 per week. $525.00 for the cheap sub, which I agree, works out to be $10.00 per week,+ a further $20.00 booking/ range fee, which makes it $30.00 and that's if you catch the special or else it will cost $32.60 per week to shoot.
    Total cost $1565.00 per year, if you catch the opening special, other wise $5.00 off $1700.00.
    Don't get me wrong its probably a fair price, you just got my attention at $10.00 a week.
    I'm hoping they have a casual day rate of say $80ish, regardless of how good the facilities are most people are going to be lucky to go once a month I know I certainly would be struggling to find time to go anymore often than that, probably more like once ever 2 or 3 months.

If it is like initially said only open weekends then hardly any reason to sign up for a whole year.
    Why would you want to sign up for a years membership and only have access two days a week, which will be packed out in the summer months.
    sako75 and Steve123 like this.

An update Kerry Adams from Precision Shooter has stepped into help out. Visit the webpage to see videos of upcoming progress etc. This can only be good news so stay tuned for more info to come. I still think it sucks they want a $20 booking fee per day on top of your annual membership.

https://www.shootingrange.co.nz/
    blair993 likes this.

So it looks like the Stage One completion and opening is now August. (its hard doing ground works in this weather) So no shooting this Winter grrrrrrrrr. At least we now know what is going on with regular updates on the web site and e-mail if you sign up. That money looks sweet in my bank account. They will still probably get it just not yet.

They’re on instagram, some shots of people shooting, and targets etc.

Be nice for those who’ve actually paid money to be able to go out for a burn, rather than a select few or those in the know.....

B

Having a look see tomorrow and hopefully a burn on the gongs.....

B