Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Ballistics App for iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by bully View Post
    yeah, I was going to say shooter. (I use it) I would be keen to do some long range targets with you if your keen?
    or come out to the full bore range on Saturdays on maniatutu rd. its only to 300,500,600, but still good fun and practice. and the guys incourage new members, there all great to get on with. just $5.00 per day.
    pm me if your keen or want to know more.
    Yeah man sounds good. I now have access to my mates farm out Maketu, can get out to 1000yards if needed. After my attempts at 750 i'll be backing off to 3-500 and get that sussed first.

Will let ya know the next time im going out there. Either that or i'll come to the full bore for a jam.

Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    Gibo you sound confused enough so I won't add to it except to say I use a different software and know how to use it. If you hadn't wagged school so much to go surfing you could work it out in your bonce but don't worry now as that is what the app is for.
    Stayed at school till the end Rushy, all play and no work mind you Got the app now and its the shit

Fulla
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    Yeah man sounds good. I now have access to my mates farm out Maketu, can get out to 1000yards if needed. After my attempts at 750 i'll be backing off to 3-500 and get that sussed first.

Will let ya know the next time im going out there. Either that or i'll come to the full bore for a jam.
    cool! I just go where I can, a mates farm over rotorua, but hes not often very keen, and never at longer ranges.(hes not set up for it) I go to the full bore when I can and im not working.yip just let me know, keen as!
    Gibo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BRADS View Post
    This data is at 745 as your example, goes up in 5 yard increments, to as far as you want

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @BRADS just a fyi, you can change the incriments to 1,5,10,25,50 if you go to settings, down to shooter, then down to the below. Default is 5 for solution and 50 for chart but can be changed which is cool.
    Sorry if you knew this already
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 234
Size:  90.0 KB
Views: 264
Size:  103.6 KB
Views: 311
Size:  231.3 KB

Yer mate I no that, I like 5 as when you get out there it makes it that much more accurate than say 25/50

Yer mate I no that, I like 5 as when you get out there it makes it that much more accurate than say 25/50

Yeah for sure, I think I will have it on 1 when practising so its bang on but it takes ages to scroll. Have it on 5 when hunting so its a bit quicker.

You must have a very expensive rangefinder mate, 5 is all you need.

You must have a very expensive rangefinder mate, 5 is all you need.

Sweet. Take ya word for it. only got a leupy dna 1000 yard thingy magigy

Can someone please explain spindrift to me? What does ot change if turned on in the shooter app?

Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    Can someone please explain spindrift to me? What does ot change if turned on in the shooter app?
    I could try but it won't be tech mate
    Turn it on for your longer shots. In your example at 740 spin drift will be about 1 click, but has more affect the further out you go.
    You'll find the wind dealing two you way more than spin drift
    Gibo likes this.

Sweet as. Cheers man.

Fulla
    I have every yard. then theres no guessing in between, I like to be as accurate as I can. I also just have the solution come up, instead of the whole drop chart its quicker.

spin drift will just add to your windage solution. (you can choose a setting which just factors it in automaticly) eg... right barrel twist will make the projectile drift right.
    Gibo likes this.

I have used shooter for 5 years and have loved it.
    Until I upgraded my phone to the samsung s4 and then the hud would not click to the range increments set but stay one one yard clicks with no wheel.
    I have emailed Sean 3 times about the glitch with no reply.
    I talked to jennifer litz as well as they work together and she has had no joy either.
    I finally had a guts full of waiting for a patch and down loaded litz's applied ballistics app
    An excellent program that also uses the sensors in the phone to put in the atmopheric data eg temp station pressure and humidity which I didnt have a clue these phones could do!
    Which happen to correspond very closely to my kestrel
    So fuck sean kennedy and go bryan litz.
    Its the best $35 I spent in along time and have already got my mates changing over as well.
    I have bought both bryans books and he knows his shit so he has now got more of my loot!
    My two cents anyway
    My favorite sentences i like to hear are - I suppose so. and Send It!

Ok so I looked up spin drift and the rest.

Not to worried at this point but my brain is ok with what they say..........sore but ok. Maybe Physics at school was a good move

External ballistics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Shots over 500 I give it one click. It doesnt become real apparent untill you start busting over 1000 then you start getting into corilianus effect blah blah. Learn to read the wind everything else can be done on shooter.