Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    57JL
    i think kroil is a winner
    the dude from Gunworks wrote an article about kroil saying that a lite cote of Kroil after cleaning for storage till using it again goes a long way to alleviate this problem and i totally agree with him i don,t seem to have this problem any more but please make sure you always put a patch through the barrel before using your firearm again
    in fact i now have changed the way i clean my barrels
    , i use a good quality carbon remover (KG1 is good) that removes powder fouling and carbon build up, then i use kroil seems to take me less time to clean

Lads to answer your questions I have used CLP, engine oil, Boretech, collings solvent all of them affected the first shot in the same way. Bore was always wiped clean prior to firing but to no avail.

As Dogmatix stated wiping the bore clean with an oil neutralising solvent worked wonders, it brought the first cold shot right down to where it should be. Problem solved cheers @dogmatix legend.