Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: A dumb question, how to sling carry two guns at once?

Quote Originally Posted by cambo View Post
    Have tried carrying 2 rifles around on the farm. Slung 1 over my shoulder and carried the other. 223 and 22. Pita really
    Wouldn't do it again
    Me too. Total pain.
    Use enough gun

@MB You could carry one rifle and use subs and supers. Bit of thinking about point of aim required, but I'm sure it could worked out. Whatever works
    for you though.

Never thought of that.
    I could load up one magazine with subs and the other with supers. Problem with the 10/22 is though , it loads the next round after a shot fired. So it would be a bit fiddly unloading the round that has self loaded and racking the action again to load ..
    Food for thought though.
    thanks
    Patience Is A Virtue

the only solution I can think of is put the one you arnt using immediatly into a soft gun bag slung over your back

the gunbags that hold two rifles are the best

but at least one in what ever gun bag you have at the moment would be the trick and would stop the worst of the damage (usually always scratches to scope bodies)
    Moa Hunter likes this.

I get around with a 22 Hornet and a pump Shotgun culling farm turkeys. The one I'm intending to use next i carry port-arms, the other is slung on my shoulder. If I need to sling both, one goes across my back with sling across my chest, the other hangs vertical from my left shoulder and is steadied with left hand while right hand is free to carry a bag of turkey meat or a hare etc. If I need to change guns quickly the one at port-arms is simply placed on the ground.
    I know a lot but it seems less every day...

Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    Have you tried 22 mag subs? Just interested.
    Thats what I have been doing with my 22mag . one mag with subs and a second with high velocity . lupy scope with drop graduations and the second line below the cross hair (on that scope.. ) equates to zero at the range I generally use subs at , but it doesn't load the next round and have to re-cock after every sub shot .

there is a brand that does a backpack type sling available in nz as I looked at one for myself , can be used in several configurations but buggered if I can remember the brand name at mo....
    If I think of it will post later ....
    MB likes this.
    born to hunt - forced to work

this is the one I was thinking of , maybe not quite what you are after but look like a good sling for holding rifle locked into place near middle of back and maybe room for second rifle on shoulder without the two knocking together ?

https://youtu.be/Iyw3h9duOoQ
    born to hunt - forced to work