Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: Funnest things to shoot?

Quote Originally Posted by NRT View Post
    The old girls round here will pull you up on anything, fuck are u a fit and proper person I say no but love me guns and having a good time,but Jesus I would never litter

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk
    so are you telling him or using his name in vain????

I may have man boobs but definately male....... seen far too much shot up shit around countryside...and seen private blocks shut to others because of it....

I was also confused by NRT's statement so decided just to leave it.

See watermelon. Great idea no 'bad' mess, thanks steve.

Its not like im shooting an old tv or anything. I dont even like shooting clay birds because of the mess they leave. Shooting dosent always have to be super serious. We use the .22 to play games like darts, poker etc but i was just after ideas on other fun shit to shoot.

apples would be good...oranges too but birds n possums wont clean up afterwards..... 22lr golf is fun on well grazed paddock,but ball can be hard to keep track of with direct hit.
    Dyls likes this.

A mate and I filled some water balloons then froze them once. Launched them out of an oversized slingshot which was held by a warratah at each end. Shot them like claybirds with the 12ga, was pretty good fun. And any we missed, went and collected them and had another crack
    40mm likes this.
    Ya can't park there mate.

Yep surplus fruit is good and if it is over-ripe even better. Grapefruit lemons apples and feijoas tomatoes for smaller targets... my girlfriend called it "making fruit salad".
    No cleanup required, the birds and small animals eat the bigger chunks pretty quick.
    Micky Duck and 40mm like this.

A bridge. Or to be more specific a bridge panel. with a gun. A large gun. 165mm, so a tad bigger than my .223. But slow. very slow. Very subsonic. but the round carts a few kilos (15)of plastic explosive with it, so the 'hit' is pretty hard to miss.

Demolition gun on the front of our Engineer tanks, in Germany. Early 90's
    308, 300CALMAN, Steve123 and 1 others like this.

^^^ Since we're going down that path . . .

Anti-tank live firing with 105mm M101 Howitzers - a decent size shell (28 lbs rings a bell) at 2800 fps with a tracer in the base. The only time we were allowed to fire the guns at charge 7. Farken big bang at both ends, would literally vapourise a car body at 600 or 800M. Only issue was there was always a fire after the shooting had stopped and it usually took all day to put out! Go 31B battery RNZA
    Tommy, 300CALMAN, Steve123 and 1 others like this.

NRT
    Quote Originally Posted by Tentman View Post

Anti-tank live firing with 105mm M101 Howitzers - a decent size shell (28 lbs rings a bell) at 2800 fps with a tracer in the base. The only time we were allowed to fire the guns at charge 7. Farken big bang at both ends, would literally vapourise a car body at 600 or 800M. Only issue was there was always a fire after the shooting had stopped and it usually took all day to put out! Go 31B battery RNZA
    You win sounds F ING awesome jealous

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk
    Steve123 likes this.

Old broken tape measures are quite fun provided they are still under tension.
    308 and 40mm like this.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by Tentman View Post

Got gunner ear much? Ha ha ha ha old ex infantryman asking.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    Got gunner ear much? Ha ha ha ha old ex infantryman asking.
    Nah - funnily enough I still have perfect hearing at 60. Good enough to hear a "Grunt" say "Drop-short" at 100M!!

Water balloons filled with warm water,thermo scope picks them up nicely in the evening.Easy to pick up and carry away.Never leave busted man made targets around invited private hunting grounds.Yr visits will be over.

So we ended up just shooting standard steel gongs during the day. Also got 2 deer, 50 wallabies, a headgehog, 80 odd bunnies and 2 magpies got hit with a .308 and .270 Bloody good couple days shooting.

Edit: Also hit 500m first shot with my first handload. Absolutely stoked. Cheers @Tommy for helping getting me going with that too.

remember the old instant kiwi ad ?

your kids rap cd's would be perfect !

I shot a stoat once with my 7mm rem mag at about 6 feet away gotta admit it was bloody hilarious, completely vaporized, only new I hit it cause of the cheers and laughter coming from my mates as I lost it in the recoil literally nothing left larger than I single corn kernel
    40mm and Dyls like this.
    #DANNYCENT