Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By kruza
  • 4 Post By kotuku

Thread: gamo air rifle

gamo air rifle

Guys have an old gamo air rifle (in parts) >It needs a new s pring in the trigger group.Could probably do with a piston upgrade too .anyone know where i can get it sorted here in christchurch.IIRC Iwas given details of a bloke out kaiapoi way but have lost em.

If you can do the work yourself, vaughans is the gamo importer (upper hut) parts are relatively cheap. Being a gamo if you haven't already done it sears and trigger surfaces will benifit from a polish, as will the cylinder and piston. Undoubtedly a few shims here an there will tighten up various bits and pieces.
    Cordite likes this.

It's in Auckland, but Youngsairgun.co.nz is my usual place for parts and he has the common stuff in stock.
    If you are handy, there is a ton of info online for tuning Gamos. The biggest challenge for DIY is safely getting the spring in and out. Other than the Air Arms TX200, I take it in.

If your Gamo is "old" it may be one of the better ones... if the trigger is metal instead of plastic and the breech block is metal, you have a good old Gamo.

That being said, the current generation of gas piston rifles are pretty good these days... so you don't get that annoying spring twang anymore. Something from Crosman or Benjamin would be a good buy, but then you're talking about a new air rifle

hunting through me papers and found the address of the guy who I need to see. this Gamo could well be my next resto -I know its a powerful shooter for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by kotuku View Post
    hunting through me papers and found the address of the guy who I need to see. this Gamo could well be my next resto -I know its a powerful shooter for sure.
    oops -further to this -rang the guy -they no longer stock gamo parts,s pecifically the safety catch spring Im after. .does anyone in christchurch stock gamo parts and assisst me to reassemble the old girl.

latest in this saga.
    joined an NZairgun forum -like here tones of excellent advice and tips .spoke to guy from J.Vaughan.
    From serial nos he thinks this rifle is a late1980s-mid1990s model ,spares typically a little scarce but hed have look and get back to me.
    Anyhow after mulling it over this morning ive decided the safety through a little sloppy still works 100%so after cleaning the chamber and assorted parts Ive reassembled her and mounted the redfield scope courtesy of joe 90 in his recent gift to me. laser boresight has me spot on at 22m.
    the old sheila fires ,though maybe a new spring might brighten her up a bit down the track a bit .anyhow shes Ok for a spot of backyard plinking and smoother than my other chinese made one which barks like a demented pomeranian!
    now refurbishing two firearms in a fortnight must be worth a self awarded beer or two dont ya think.
    BTW seasons greetings.merry Xmas to all of you from me and mine .afe and enjoy yourselves and your whanau and see ya 2023.
    kukuwai, Finnwolf, Billbob and 1 others like this.

well my run of luck ended just after my previous .Much loved cousin and respected friend of many on the coast passed away this pm in greymouth-suffered a major cardiac event last tuesday -couldnt battle back.RIP Trevor rest easy your earthly toil has ended- later switched on my TV in bedroom screen has literally shit itself! gone from my 55"down to wifes wee one out of her bedroom.ah well twas fun whilst it lasted.

Not good news - have had a few mates go down that way up here recently. Both relatively minor fortunately, so got away with it. One a vegetarian, single guy who doesn't smoke and drink. Some times it's just your turn...