Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree176Likes

Thread: Gun club cleared to build firing range close to meditation retreat

Quote Originally Posted by timattalon View Post
    Probably because he thought he was so great at it but all his co workers knew the truth that he was mistaken in his opinion of his abilities................
    We see them as client face project managers. Good at blabbing on in superior tones at meetings but no practical uses what so ever. I feel sorry for any normal poms who follow after then.

Sent from my SM-G388F using Tapatalk

Now listen up you lot.
    I moved from a nice quiet little beach town up North, to a very quiet sleepy little "village" somewhere near Nelson.
    There is a rifle range a couple of KM across the valley from me, and a pistol range a couple of K down the road.
    Sometimes I get woken up as early as 10.30 am by the noise of gunfire from these 2 ranges. It is just not on.

I could complain to council like my fellow countrymen did , but I am guessing the guy who owns the range probably wont let me use it again if I do.
    Barefoot, gadgetman, mikee and 6 others like this.
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

Quote Originally Posted by Pengy View Post
    Now listen up you lot.
    I moved from a nice quiet little beach town up North, to a very quiet sleepy little "village" somewhere near Nelson.
    There is a rifle range a couple of KM across the valley from me, and a pistol range a couple of K down the road.
    Sometimes I get woken up as early as 10.30 am by the noise of gunfire from these 2 ranges. It is just not on.

I could complain to council like my fellow countrymen did , but I am guessing the guy who owns the range probably wont let me use it again if I do.
    Weell if we are awake shooting you should be awake too eh
    Pengy likes this.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    Weell if we are awake shooting you should be awake too eh
    But I need my beauty sleep
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by Pengy View Post
    But I need my beauty sleep
    Fuck you got that right you ugly old bugger ha ha ha ha near spat my coffee.
    Pengy likes this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Banned
    The old pom doesn't realise that all our ancestors became pioneers in New Zealand just to get away from his ancestors.

I have observed this many a time with English transplants, they come over here and because they can now get a quarter-acre section and a nice house instead a shitty counsel estate flat, suddenly they start believing they are entitled. They don't realise that everyone else here has got them as well.
    Steve123 likes this.

From what I gather he tried to chop his block up into 30 properties and was given the chop due to one reason or another.
    Think he sees the club as a threat to the worth of those houses if he eventually gets there.
    Between that and the current motoX track there this guy's just a wanker.

Where is the correct place to build a range where SOMEONE will not complain?

Quote Originally Posted by Carlsen Highway View Post
    The old pom doesn't realise that all our ancestors became pioneers in New Zealand just to get away from his ancestors.

I have observed this many a time with English transplants, they come over here and because they can now get a quarter-acre section and a nice house instead a shitty counsel estate flat, suddenly they start believing they are entitled. They don't realise that everyone else here has got them as well.
    Think you will find the old kiwi 1/4 acre is but a pipe dream for the majority of New Zealanders these days, unfortunately
    Gerbs and Knoxy_09 like this.
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

Quote Originally Posted by Jexla View Post
    Where is the correct place to build a range where SOMEONE will not complain?
    Bottom of the ocean, well until greenpeace finds out.
    The Biggest Room is the Room for Improvement

Quote Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
    Bottom of the ocean, well until greenpeace finds out.
    Timaru
    gadgetman and Tommy like this.
    Please excuse spelling, as finger speed is sometimes behind brain spped........ Or maybe the other wayy.....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J2q1y2OD4jI
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
    Timaru
    Beaker and petronious_arbiter like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Well Shit, never seen that before

Please excuse spelling, as finger speed is sometimes behind brain spped........ Or maybe the other wayy.....

MaW
    You are entitled to as much peace and quite as you can afford, thats life and applies to all of us.

His block of land ensures he gets less noise than I do in suburbia where I can't control the noise my neighbours make as long is it's below legal limits. He is right that generally he has enough land that he will get less noise, certainly less than I do. If he wants no noise and want's to ensure that in the future then he needs to buy more land and plant himself in the middle of it.

If he can't afford that, welcome to the world we all live in. People that can afford that usually annoy the other neighbours with their personal helicopter

I heard he wanted to subdivide and was denied as he needed access to a private road for the subdivisions..
    Jexla likes this.

How about a new picture of the Timaru landscape changing.....Name:  FB_IMG_1475984764227.jpg
Views: 380
Size:  100.8 KB

As to op,
    I really hope that the problem makers can be got on side for these guys, and the range goes ahead at great haste!
    gadgetman, 308, res and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
    How about a new picture of the Timaru landscape changing.....Attachment 57036

As to op,
    I really hope that the problem makers can be got on side for these guys, and the range goes ahead at great haste!
    Whats the longest range there?