Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Hihitahi Challenge 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Gillie View Post
    Probably I should clarify this a little... It takes the land owner about an hour to walk to the halfway point on the course. At the halfway point we will be enforcing a mandatory stop for competitors and offering them a feed.

I have recieved a little bit of feed back from people looking at the course details:
    • 10km course is too long - there is one hill that will take you less than 30 minutes to climb, the rest of the course is flat or down hill.
    • I not confident with a compass - that is fine just means you might not score well on the compass stages. Not all the navigation questions will involve the use of a compass though.
    • I don't know my native trees - Do you know what bush lawyer is? Most of the tree ID is not too tricky. Some of it is more so.
    • I am not good a judging distance - given the size of the targets if you turn up with a 200m zero and aim straight at them you will hit the majority of the targets assuming you are not shooting a 22LR.
    The course is more about having fun and getting out than it is about serious competition - much like hunting
    FFS did any of them ask if they could bring their mother and Aunty Mavis along for support?
    thomas likes this.

Mate, we normally get a few excuses from people who say they are keen then mysteriously can't make it on the day. To be honest the most used response I have had for this event is “I’d rather be out hunting” and I can’t really argue with that one.

Couple of guys did ask if they could bring a quad! I laughed out loud until I realised he wasn’t joking!

Banned
    Can a native be any tree that's green

Sent from my HUAWEI Y210-0100 using Tapatalk 2

Banned
    Just got Back from this event,As to be expected Gillie and Malcolm inc there friends and Family Ran a excellent event weather was perfect and the Station even better.Highlight apart from catching up again with Gillie and Malcolm was meeting Phillipo and Andyanimal both a couple of good buggers.I only took a few pics will post later It was nice to be back in waioru shooting in an event, took me back a few years.Hopefully this event is run next year so you don't want to miss it.

jase
    Shootm and R93 like this.

It was a great day yesterday and a pleasure doing the RO at C station.
    Today we went and shot the twenty targets with the other RO's and the gillie family.
    Need less to say all the ofhand targets were safe from me but managed to smack every thing prone with 15 hits.
    If I get my new knee this year I will be definitly be in the comp next year but will be going to girlguides to learn how to use a compass proficiently thats for sure!
    Philipo, R93 and Neckshot like this.
    My favorite sentences i like to hear are - I suppose so. and Send It!

Yes It was great day out but also a huge learning curve for me Looks that theres some practice needed around my house.
    Philipo likes this.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by andyanimal31 View Post
    It was a great day yesterday and a pleasure doing the RO at C station.
    Today we went and shot the twenty targets with the other RO's and the gillie family.
    Need less to say all the ofhand targets were safe from me but managed to smack every thing prone with 15 hits.
    If I get my new knee this year I will be definitly be in the comp next year but will be going to girlguides to learn how to use a compass proficiently thats for sure!
    Those offhand targets were tricky as
    Hell

R93
    Hopefully not so close to the roar nxt time. Would love to come up and make a week of it, including a hunt in some of my old local spots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    Hopefully not so close to the roar nxt time. Would love to come up and make a week of it, including a hunt in some of my old local spots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    You will not regret it if you did Dave,Its a great day run by bloody good people which Is what makes it.
    Philipo likes this.

R93
    I will do my best to make the next one. Be destroying your liquor cabinet before and after as well
    Neckshot likes this.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Apparently the 2 biggest cunts on here lol Philipo's Avatar
    What a great day out & bloody good weekend, Cheers to Simon, Malcolm & all the helpers. Shit it seems most of us have got to use to all our modern gizmo's and are a bit rusty on the "old school" Technics lol

Was a very well run day ( especially for a first one ) not as difficult as I thought it might be so I didn't make a complete dick of myself hahaha , meet some real good buggers, Ended up walking the course with the two Dannievagas boys, Neckshot & Vince and was a lot of fun, weather was mint, good food & what an awesome spot.

Would have been nice if another half dozen or so forum members had put in the effort to come, ( events like this take hours upon hours to organise & set up ) I will definitely be trying to get a few more guys from down here to head up for the next one ( Im hoping there will be another )

So Cheers Gillie & cheers to all the sponsors, there was some great prizes, & every one got something decent Shit I won a friggen Suppressor how cool is that

Ended up staying at Andys for Saturday night ( typical great Taihape hospitality as usual ) for a beer'n'bullshit session, mint !
    Last edited by Philipo; 09-03-2014 at 10:29 PM.
    Blaser, R93, Neckshot and 1 others like this.
    Shoot it, root it & then BBQ it !!!

Home again now... got back late last night absolutely buggered. We had a great weekend, an awesome event and i have only one real regret from the day - that i wasn't competing or at least could not have been closer to the action. Going over the results is going to be pretty interesting. As the guys above have alluded to some of the results were less than expected.

Overall the day went well. We definately left room for improving the day though with a couple of organisational issues coming to light. I have had nothing but great feedback though.

Still plenty of work to go towards this event. I have photos to process, a video to produce from the 6 hours plus of footage taken, a magazine article to write and a whole lot of sponsors to thank for their very generous donations. Thanks to them, all the competitors left with a prize and a few of the helpers also got one as well.

I'll upload some photos when i get thorugh them and at some stage i'll post the video when it is done.

Thanks for the comments above, guys. I am glad you enjoyed the day and i hope you all got something out of it.

At this stage, there are some hurdles to get over if we are to run another one. Some of them organisational some of them not.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillie View Post
    Home again now... got back late last night absolutely buggered. We had a great weekend, an awesome event and i have only one real regret from the day - that i wasn't competing or at least could not have been closer to the action. Going over the results is going to be pretty interesting. As the guys above have alluded to some of the results were less than expected.

Overall the day went well. We definately left room for improving the day though with a couple of organisational issues coming to light. I have had nothing but great feedback though.

Still plenty of work to go towards this event. I have photos to process, a video to produce from the 6 hours plus of footage taken, a magazine article to write and a whole lot of sponsors to thank for their very generous donations. Thanks to them, all the competitors left with a prize and a few of the helpers also got one as well.

I'll upload some photos when i get thorugh them and at some stage i'll post the video when it is done.

Thanks for the comments above, guys. I am glad you enjoyed the day and i hope you all got something out of it.

At this stage, there are some hurdles to get over if we are to run another one. Some of them organisational some of them not.
    As always Gillie I'm keen to help anyway possible if needed next time.

Couple of shots from the weekend:

Quote Originally Posted by Neckshot View Post
    As always Gillie I'm keen to help anyway possible if needed next time.
    Cheers, but honestly i would prefer you guys turn up and enjoy the day as competitors... and yep, there is a whole discussion there that i can't be bothered typing