Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Homemade Custom Turret - Dial 'em in quick!

Name:  IMG_1178.jpg
Views: 559
Size:  302.9 KB

Ive been using this for a while now on my MOA Mk4. Just remember to back off x1 or x2 clicks depending if you are shooting on 10° or 15° angle.

Easily gets you out to 600 yards using the standard pressure/temp of your normal hunting spots.

Mk4 turrets only have a small visable section so it's proberly one of the hardest scopes to do it with.

Photo Shop or AutoCAD are the best programs to use if you can find someone that knows how to use them.

Print on normal printer then wrap with waterproof tape (that sticks like shit to a blanket) around it. Get this tape from Mitre10 Mega and cut it down to suit.

The red lines mark the origonal MOA so i can still easily use a drop chart if i need to and see if the tape has moved on the turret.

First test day saw x2 sika drop on the spot at 594 and 597 Yards. Shot another one at 450 Yards the other day so im convinced

If you have very accurate data and good CONSISTENT realods you should not have any problem.

Good Luck
    Bryan and johnino like this.