Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Like Tree220Likes

Thread: I wasn't seriously expecting to hit it.........Fluke shots.

Tread carefully in the suck... ishoot10s's Avatar
    @Allgood your Commonwealth Games Gold medallist hunting buddy should have taken his shot offhand, can’t believe you let him use the bench…
    10MRT shooters do it 60 times, in two directions and at two speeds.

Quote Originally Posted by ishoot10s View Post
    @Allgood your Commonwealth Games Gold medallist hunting buddy should have taken his shot offhand, can’t believe you let him use the bench…
    I did try to time kicking the bench with him squeezing the trigger .......my timing was off though.
    ishoot10s likes this.

Hunting with my mate, we were green as teenagers. I shot a turkey with my .22 and my golden retriever bought it back to us . I had aimed for the chest but was quite surprised I had actually got it in the head. Anyway we were preparing it at camp for a spit roast and my mate asked me " where did you say you shot it?" I pointed at the hole either side of its head like he was an idiot. He put down his knife and replied "thats its ear holes dude."
    HILLBILLYHUNTERS and Finnwolf like this.

I put a spray can of dazzle on the track, and we drove 4/10 of a mile on the HQ's speedo, then had a lash.

At the time I had a #4 .303 with a 2.5x Nikko Stirling on top. The reticle was a post with a thin crosshair slightly below the top of the post, and at 100m it was about 150mm wide, so at 640m or so was about a meter wide....

My mate hit close enough to knock the can over, and so all we could see was the end of the can. It looked like a speck in the scope, and I just centred the can on the top of the post, then lifted it up "an amount" and let strip.

There was a cloud of pink paint, and I stopped shooting for the day. Nothing more to prove.
    Moa Hunter likes this.