Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: im a bitch with a flinch

R93
    The only time I seen him flinch was after he inhaled some god awful stench that Abe dropped in Bob's reloading room. We were trapped and it brought tears to my eyes,

Bob and Abe must have chowed down on some 2 week old road kill.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

R93 gave me a few pointers on positioning and breathing , things i never really thought of, seemed to work well, i shot alright, i think its a relaxation thing, that Blaser is very nice to shoot though Dave
    and shooting off a dayback where there is no bipod to rely on will be a good test. Proof will be in the puding next hunt, more range time with the poo 4 three before that though
    Dont waste your time chasing every last fps, it doesnt matter in the real world, it wont make a difference, all it will do is cause head aches and frustrations. And dont listen to silly old cunts

Banned
    Good shit smiddy go the poooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 4 3 they aint bad as some make out! just jelouse of the sharp bit for its size.

Re: im a bitch with a flinch

Stick with the poo43 . Poo60 A Is are crap what a terible caliber

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by CreepingDeath View Post
    Stick with the poo43 . Poo60 A Is are crap what a terible caliber
    Hey wait, whaaaaaaaaaaaat?

She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougie View Post
    Hey wait, whaaaaaaaaaaaat?

A wasted dig at one of my choices in cal Dougie. Not to worry. He needs twice the powder and 30grs heavier pill to come close to the .260 AI ballistically.
    He will be having another go, rather soonish, when he finds out what I smeared on the comb of his stock and under the action.

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by Smiddy View Post
    R93 gave me a few pointers on positioning and breathing , things i never really thought of, seemed to work well, i shot alright, i think its a relaxation thing, that Blaser is very nice to shoot though Dave
    and shooting off a dayback where there is no bipod to rely on will be a good test. Proof will be in the puding next hunt, more range time with the poo 4 three before that though

Na, didnt show ya anything you didnt already know I reckon. But like anything its sometimes good to have a refresher. You are one of 5 people to ever fire that thing. But would easily be one of 2, to shoot it so well.
    Spat out some of those V max you gave me and they are traveling quick and straight as well. Cheers for that. Theres a few hares on the farm that will get a hurry up with those.

I never flinched until My mates were talking about it and I started thinking about it now on the bench with any heavy caliber I find myself bitching out something bad half the time. But as soon as there is a deer down my sights it's the last thing I'm
    Thinking of and I never feel a thing.

Best thing to do, buy James Passmore's new book:the ultimate newzealand hunting rifle. i think thats what its called but i dont have the book with me atm,anyway he covers a good 6 pages?on flinching and how to cure it.

I've tried it, Dad bought me a new setup for christmas BUT in 308, I flinch when using a t3 7-08 so was very nervous and apprehensive at shooting it,weatherby vanguard with a bell and carlson stock on it and a burris signature select 3-12x44. I dry fired it 3 times whilst being as realistic to shooting it live i.e breathing like its the real thing and then chucked a round in. I put 6 rounds through it that evening and then another 16 yesterday. only flinched once!

REMEMBER-its all in the mind. if a halfwit like me can beat it, surely you can!

"The New Zealand Hunting Rifle"

Incidentally just 'cos it's a book, doesn't mean it's any more than what gets posted on here. Sometimes less, 'cos there's no-one to argue in a book.

correct but He's also passing on lessons learn't through his experiences, sometimes one can get utterly mortified and frustrated by flinching and not being able to rectify it.